Hardware Partitioning a drive for both PS3 and Wii?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Say I've got a WBFS partition for my Wii backups, and FAT32 for PS3. Would that work? Which one should be primary if so?

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't see why it won't work. Since I have a 1 TB external drive that has ~800 GB NTFS and ~200 GB FAT32... When I plug it into my ps3 it only finds the FAT32. I think it should work the same way with WBFS and FAT32... Unless the Wii f**ks something up
tongue.gif

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Thanks but Wii games can't fit on FAT32, maybe there's a workaround but I really just want to know if two partitions will work

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
synce said:
Thanks but Wii games can't fit on FAT32, maybe there's a workaround but I really just want to know if two partitions will work
I have all my Wii games on a WBFS partition on my 1 TB and all my Xbox 360 games and videos on a FAT32 on the same drive. So, yeah, it will work.

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
synce said:

2 partitions will work, but you could also use one fat32 partition and use wii game manager to convert the game to .wbfs format with a 4gig split.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats why I suggested the entire drive, as mine is, to FAT32, I have BOTH Wii games AND PS3 games on it. Don't assume something when that makes an ass out of U and me......

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
ddetkowski said:
Thats why I suggested the entire drive, as mine is, to FAT32, I have BOTH Wii games AND PS3 games on it. Don't assume something when that makes an ass out of U and me......
Splitting Wii and PS3 games is kind of a drag in another way than disc partitioning.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heran Bago said:
Splitting Wii and PS3 games is kind of a drag in another way than disc partitioning.
No you heard wrong you don't have to partition. Just format it to fat32. Wii backup manager transfers your games in a breeze with the splitting done by itself. Ps3 migh be a bit trickier but its doable but theres not many games with files over 4gb.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Thanks I will try Wii Game Manager then... if too much hassle it's good to know two partitions work
smile.gif

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One could argue that having two partitions is more of a hassle than having one, all-inclusive partition!

I use the same external drive, with one FAT32 partition, for my Wii games and a slew of external-safe PS3 games. Though for your PS3, I highly recommend upgrading its internal HD. A lot of games, especially top shelf games, only work via internal, and those games can be mighty big. It's also nice to have all your PS3 games in one simple, ready to use depository, guaranteed to work without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-