Syncing trophies with PS3Hen pirated games and ban question

HaterOfKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to sync trophies to my secondary account online -- trophies I earn from backups. I want to know if I will be banned for doing this with PS3Hen. I also want to know if all of the accounts logged into my ps3 will be banned just because of the one account, or if just the one account I use with HEN gets banned.

I want to know because I have my primary account logged into this ps3, but once I install HEN I don't want to use it in fear of it getting banned. Or do I just deactivate primary ps3 on that account?

Or should I just get a new spare ps3 so I can log into my secondary account only?

Last edited by HaterOfKirby,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't ban all the accounts on the system, if the PS3 get banned, all the other system linked to the same PSN account get banned.

HaterOfKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't ban all the accounts on the system, if the PS3 get banned, all the other system linked to the same PSN account get banned.

Oh damn, so if an account gets a system ban then all the other systems linked to that account will also have system bans too?

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they ban the system and the account. my ps3 was banned and had the same account on PS Vita. I couldn't log in anymore, so had to create a new PSN account for the PS Vita. PS3 is perma banned, need to change the CID.

HaterOfKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they ban the system and the account. my ps3 was banned and had the same account on PS Vita. I couldn't log in anymore, so had to create a new PSN account for the PS Vita. PS3 is perma banned, need to change the CID.
Were you banned for using HEN? I've been researching and I can't see anyone who was banned for using HEN

KellyCollins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Syncing trophies from backups on a modded console is always a risky endeavor, especially if you're going online with PSN. There's always the potential for detection and subsequent action by Sony. While I've heard of cases where only the specific offending account gets banned, there's no guarantee that Sony won't ban the console itself, which would affect all accounts on that PS3.
If your primary account means a lot to you (as most people's primary accounts do), I'd strongly advise against using it on a system with PS3Hen. Deactivating the primary PS3 on that account might be a wise step if you decide to proceed.
However, the safest route, if you're dead set on syncing trophies from backups, would be to get a spare PS3 for this purpose and only log into your secondary account there. This way, your primary account and console remain untainted and safe from potential bans. Always better to be safe than sorry!

Reactions: HaterOfKirby

NiQ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Syncing trophies from backups on a modded console is always a risky endeavor, especially if you're going online with PSN. There's always the potential for detection and subsequent action by Sony. While I've heard of cases where only the specific offending account gets banned, there's no guarantee that Sony won't ban the console itself, which would affect all accounts on that PS3.
If your primary account means a lot to you (as most people's primary accounts do), I'd strongly advise against using it on a system with PS3Hen. Deactivating the primary PS3 on that account might be a wise step if you decide to proceed.
However, the safest route, if you're dead set on syncing trophies from backups, would be to get a spare PS3 for this purpose and only log into your secondary account there. This way, your primary account and console remain untainted and safe from potential bans. Always better to be safe than sorry!
I might be a bit late but better late than never.

Syncing trophies on modded systems is not 100% safe but is normally safe if syscalls are disabled - assuming the trophies are legit.
Regarding game backups - Syncing trophies of backups is generally fine if they're backups of physical (disc) games, since the trophy data is the same whether it's a backup or a real disc. Syncing trophies of pirated digital games however is not fine, because the server can notice you're trying to sync trophies of a title you don't have purchased on your account.
Another great way to get banned is if the trophies themselves are hacked, i.e., you've used homebrew apps to unlock trophies without actually obtaining them the proper way through gameplay. It doesn't matter if the games themselves are pirated or legit. Even reverting to OFW won't save you from a ban if you don't remove those hacked trophies prior to syncing. The way hacked trophies are detected seems to be heuristic, but since we don't know the exact algorithm running on Sony's servers there's no way of knowing whether a specific hacked trophy would trigger a ban or not. Better not risk it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1