ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

jajandulu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi! Nice seeing this thread got more active within weeks!
Since I don't have a 3DS, I can't help that much for this project :( (Although, I can do mod on the model for future modding thread)

Btw, it's maybe a bit out-of-topic (regarding translation).
I like to rip NDS Music a lot, and so I try to rip this one too (NLP+ Version) to get any musics that can be ripped off.
Some BCSTM files were not correctly extracted (they are only 1 kb file), I'm using Hacking Toolkit 3DS. If anyone have a better tool, please let me know :D

BUT, there is some songs that "really" attract my attention. There are some Castlevania songs in it, and one of it was STRM_BGM_LP2_P030 from Castlevania SOTN. What's more, it use the English version of "Nocturne" song that were added in the PSP version of the game. And I guess there are more of different game songs that is used.
My question is, where/when these "songs" is used? Are there some spin-off mini games on NLP+ ?

Last edited by jajandulu,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
BUT, there is some songs that "really" attract my attention. There are some Castlevania songs in it,

in the MODs thread I have added a few more tools that can play/export the BCSTM or you can try buying or finding these available online, other than the title theme song of NLP+ most of the rest of the tracks are identical:
http://vgmdb.net/album/28816
http://vgmdb.net/album/31437
As for the Castlevania songs, hmmmm... I cannot thing of any reason why these songs are found among the game's files, lol! But in the game you can play mini games of Konami's はずるだま / Puzzle Ball, ツインビー+ / TwinBee+ and イー・アル・カンフー+ / Yie Ar Kung-Fu+ with the girls.
img_new69.jpg

Last edited by Dgrin,

Zerel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where i can get the latest beta patch of this translation? i'm playing the first love plus on nds and i'm so hyped with NLP+ right now :rofl:

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A bunch of unverified, inferior script files only meant for beta-testing were once offered so that beta-testers could test various patching methods and report back if these edited files caused any error in the game, they did not so we took them down. We might ask for a second round of beta-testing, private this time if there are any more error concerns after we have a method to start injecting translated *.lmb/*.mdc files into the img.bin file or test the *.trb file. A team of few people are doing their best to develop an img.bin injector tool for this project ATM but there are some issues with figuring out the header of the img.bin file and reversing the SERI>XML conversion, if anyone could potentially help any further with these issues we would really appreciate it.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
New screen captures while beta-testing translated LPM scripts & graphics manually injected into the img.bin file:
01_zpsxgc5ho4l.png
2_zpsox8rh3dp.png
3_zpszj9w64jj.png

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
They ask or you can suggest a change for a new hair colour, length and style. As for the eye colour it will soon be an option once we finish with the texture tool for the custom MODs thread and then the img.bin inject tool...

Last edited by Dgrin,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks to deaknaew we have now prepared our extracting & editing tool for the 'textresource_jpn.trb' in the form of an excel file, people with decent Japanese skills that want to help finish this file should join to assist with it's translation. If interested send a private message here or contact Skype:LovePlusProject, thank you! A preview of the results when replacing the translation in this file:
fgrf_zpsbtirb7ya.png

Last edited by Dgrin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==