Hacking Partial Dowgrade from 10.3 to 9.2. Stuck at Hax Init now, how?

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FIXED

As an update, I installed OOThax and launched PlaiSysUpdater.

It managed to pass Hax Init and downgraded just NFIRM and it failed to reboot automatically.

I powered it off and turned it on manually, checked with downgrade checker and there were still some mismatches.

Tried to launch emunand9 and it works fine though... Strange

On a n3dsxl, originally 10.3 firm.

Am using plailect's guide and worked fine till the downgrade section.

While downgrading, many files were install completed and after a while I got the error screen asking me to power off. I powered off and then managed to boot. When I checked the system version, it shows as 9.2.

However, I downloaded the homebrew downgrade checker and it found some mismatch. This means I have a partial downgrade right?

So I reinstalled menuhax and have been trying to re-run the downgrade but I've been stuck at "hax init"

Any ideas?

Last edited by Timburpton,

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Crap. I don't have any game carts.

Will it be any different if I were to launch from OOThax?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This happened to me once, try using safesysupdater ;)

Trying it now but it seems like it freezes on "init ->" Plailect's guide says if it freezes, wait 30 seconds. I'm going to be extra safe and wait for 2 minutes

EDIT: Check files work but seems like it freezes on "init ->"

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well if he followed the guide he already used PlaiSysUpdater, if this doesnt work maybe you should try wiping our SD card. Maybe theres some bad data from 10.3 there, who knows? Ive downgraded multiple 3DSs and 90% of them gave me a partial downgrade error and every single time i had to downgrade again with the Native firm being left out.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
On a n3dsxl, originally 10.3 firm.

Am using plailect's guide and worked fine till the downgrade section.

While downgrading, many files were install completed and after a while I got the error screen asking me to power off. I powered off and then managed to boot. When I checked the system version, it shows as 9.2.

However, I downloaded the homebrew downgrade checker and it found some mismatch. This means I have a partial downgrade right?

So I reinstalled menuhax and have been trying to re-run the downgrade but I've been stuck at "hax init"

Any ideas?
It might not be needed. Some titles will be left and don't really matter. If you can boot 9.2 exploits, the system should work properly. Continue as if it were 9.2.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh, sorry. I thought it would help bc frankenfirm..
FrankenUpdater was supposed to be used to update friends module, NVer, eShop and Mint, while checking if the title corresponds to the correct region/model. Not for something like this.

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It might not be needed. Some titles will be left and don't really matter. If you can boot 9.2 exploits, the system should work properly. Continue as if it were 9.2.

Is there a way I can test for 9.2 exploits?

EDIT : well it looks like I can't launch emunand9 so this probably means it doesn't work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

EDIT : well it looks like I can't launch emunand9 so this probably means it doesn't work.
FIRM is the last title downgraded in PlaiSysUpdater and SafeSysUpdater, so 9.2 exploits won't work until the downgrade completes.
Best is to get a 10.3-10.5 game cart and use it to update, then downgrade again.
Assuming your console is EUR, the EUR games containing those updates according to 3dsdb.com are:
Yo-Kai Watch, Mario and Sonic At The 2016 Rio Olympic Games, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second End Layer and lastly Fire Emblem Fates (all versions)
Your only other option unless you can get PlaiSysUpdater or SafeSysUpdater to work is to update to 11.0, and from there your only option for CFW is to get a hardmod installed and use the hardmod downgrade method described here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

I suppose you still have the other NATIVE_FIRM installed.

FIRM is the last title downgraded in PlaiSysUpdater and SafeSysUpdater, so 9.2 exploits won't work until the downgrade completes.
Best is to get a 10.3-10.5 game cart and use it to update, then downgrade again.
Assuming your console is EUR, the EUR games containing those updates according to 3dsdb.com are:
Yo-Kai Watch, Mario and Sonic At The 2016 Rio Olympic Games, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second End Layer and lastly Fire Emblem Fates (all versions)
Your only other option unless you can get PlaiSysUpdater or SafeSysUpdater to work is to update to 11.0, and from there your only option for CFW is to get a hardmod installed and use the hardmod downgrade method described here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Hardmod-Downgrade

Pretty sure PlaiSys puts it in the middle? Am I wrong?

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, that sucks. So the only option is to update and reattempt the downgrade? I can't just downgrade without updating first?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.