triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isoptera4 said:
patz said:
Is there anyway to sort roms by alphabets?
It seems random from what I've seen which is unfortunate.

Check this out. Some may already know this, but I figured out that the emu sorts ROMS by what Windows calls "last date modified". In other words, the first ROM you copied onto your SD card appears at the top, and the last ROM you copied is at the bottom.

So here's how to get the emu to (seemingly) sort them alphabetically:
1) Collect all of your ROMs in one directory on your PC.
2) Name them how you like, and sort them by name.
3) Copy the entire ROM directory to your SD card simultaneously (do not copy one ROM at a time).
4) They should now appear to be sorted in the emu, even though it still sorts by date modified.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would only work the first time, and every time you want to add a game youre saying to delete them off the stick, and move them all in each time?!!?!

Just use fat sort, its simple and you can add games anytime and sort them out..

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
night_chrono said:
NikoK said:
I've injected GC .dols into homebrew wads so it should work. Could paradox release a GBA channel with the GC homebrew of it?!?!?!?!? Ill give you a box of oreos.

How did you get a .dol into a wad?
Use WadTool.
Click 'decrypt'
Locate and chose an existing wad.
This will yield 3 files:

WadName.000.des (Banner and other data)
WadName.001.des (Homebrew .dol file)
WadName.002.des (NAND dump)

..."WadName" stands for the name of the wad you decrypted, the 3 files will be named after it.
To insert your own .dol is simple... Simply Replace the file with your .dol
You'll simply delete the "WadName.001.des" thats there,
and place your .dol in the directory and give it the exact name, in this case "WadName.001.des" that you deleted. (including the .des file extension)
Now re-pack the Wad. Open WadTool.exe, Put in a 4 digit "title id" and a 16 digit "title key" and enter "2" for the "launcher file". Click "encrypt"
This will create a file called "mywad.wad" It will be a channel that launches your .dol....But It will have the same banner as the original wad. You can use bannertool.exe to change the "mouse over" text for the channel. This is a very sloppy method but it gets a dol into a wad. Easy, as if there isn't already a channel for everything...
If you make further changes to this wad, you need to use the same title id / title key that you first used or you might get title errors when installing the wad.

@JayParadox or others
When trying to use banner tool to extract 000.des i get weird errors, like "out of memory" or "Access violation at address 004029C1 in module 'bannertool.exe'. Read of address 04E9FFFD."
I Still get the 'imet_header.bin' and 'banner.bin' but not the third file. I would do it the HEX way but the instuctions are in german and dont translate well enough at that part. Could you help me?

EDIT: I just found and am trying to figure out this tutorial, its detailed with pictures and useful tools, it also explains the DVD testing method, but its translated and that damn language barrier is killing me. And i dont even remember why i want to do this custom wad sh*t so bad.

jayparadox

OP
Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
killplaystation, I recomend you use darchd.exe from the REVOLUTION SDK for managing U8 files.
Other tools are not 100% made correctly, and never make a proper banner. That spanish tutorial/tools aren't working either. It's just in a test mode, and need a lot of fixing. Just wait some weeks, and they might get to work correctly.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
killplaystation, I recomend you use darchd.exe from the REVOLUTION SDK for managing U8 files.
Other tools are not 100% made correctly, and never make a proper banner. That spanish tutorial/tools aren't working either. It's just in a test mode, and need a lot of fixing. Just wait some weeks, and they might get to work correctly.
Thats just it, i got darchD.exe but i couldn't really figure out how to properly use it due to the poor german translations i was using. For some reason i cant find any in-dept english instructions... Just the few most illusive steps Jay...

EDIT: I've actually just gone back and read closer and managed to remove the U8 header and properly use darchD and the bat to extract the proper 3 banner, sound and icon files. I will now work with repacking the files and the wad and installing it, testing it, and going back and trying it with changes. If I can understand enough of these broken translations.
Should i bother sharing what i figure out or is everyone done caring?
E2:Now im essentially stuck after you get the 3 bin files.
The md5, lz77, .dat?
DarkChris has said he plans to release WADit on sunday

choji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't get Snes9x to run. I run the application. Get to the sync wiimote, I sync it and then theres a black screen with a bunch of lines that is filled with a bunch of different colors. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, How do I use Homebrew Launcher? Would it allow me to run other emulators like VBA or neopop? I've downloaded those emulators from tehskeen but those files are in .dol format and doesn't homebrew launcher only read .elf files? Is there a way to convert them?

I'm running all of these roms off of an SD card.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
for snes just press the home button to get to menu

for dol conversion use doltool but the emus will surely use the sd gecko

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
choji said:
can't get Snes9x to run. I run the application. Get to the sync wiimote, I sync it and then theres a black screen with a bunch of lines that is filled with a bunch of different colors. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, How do I use Homebrew Launcher? Would it allow me to run other emulators like VBA or neopop? I've downloaded those emulators from tehskeen but those files are in .dol format and doesn't homebrew launcher only read .elf files? Is there a way to convert them?

I'm running all of these roms off of an SD card.

As soon as the lights on the Wiimote start flashing, let go..

You can only use .elf with homebrew launcher.

death69inc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:

why not tell peeps how you made yours
with no bs and noone would need to wait weeks
but i forgot your an )@&%)*%@&

vespalite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
on genesis plus i cant get it to use save states

i get 'error opening dev1:\genplus\save press A or 1 to Continue'

ive made a folder on my sd genplus\save

and whe i try to save to a gamecube mc i get cousnt not mount memory card too

any ideas anyone? =]

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
spliffdizzle said:
Mods, This Deserves A Sticky!

Great work on these Paradox. My only comment is on the Homebrew Channel, the menu that comes up when you hit the Home button is French? Not the end of the world, but I'm a greedy, English speaking American...

wink.gif

AGREED!

This needs a sticky, and some of the older ones should be removed.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Louse76 said:
spliffdizzle said:
Mods, This Deserves A Sticky!

Great work on these Paradox. My only comment is on the Homebrew Channel, the menu that comes up when you hit the Home button is French? Not the end of the world, but I'm a greedy, English speaking American...

wink.gif

AGREED!

This needs a sticky, and some of the older ones should be removed.

Why? all the stickies that are current are very useful.

yumms

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question on the SNES channel, before if I pressed the home button on Wiimote it use to take me back to SNES9x menu...after playing Super Mario World, it just pauses the game. Now this happens in all games, I need to reboot the Wii to quit the game. Anyone know why that is?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, GC .dols work when injected that way? Nikok, please, try injecting GCOS and see if it runs burned DVDs for the GC and/or Wii already (I would but I can't build wads back, poorly coded packers and/or a faulty cygcrypto.dll library are causing most of them to turn out as jumbled garbage that doesn't work).

I must say, you're confusing me, ceelo
wink.gif
Why would you need to go back and add a file? It's not like new SNES games are coming out
laugh.gif
Seriously though, moving files to another folder on the memory card and back takes no time. Besides, I try to keep the number of apps on my HDD to a minimum. Since I usually have Total Commander already running, I also don't have to start up another program. Fatsort probably works in a similar way anyway, I'm guessing it either moves the files to another folder and back or makes null modifications to the files (such as adding one byte to the end of the file then cutting it back off) in order to change the modification dates (most apps that sort for PSP just move the contents to a temp folder and back). Personally, I'm not planning to mess with Genesis or SNES much until there's SDHC support -- swapping SD cards all the time would be a pain. The full NES and TG16 sets fit onto the one card I'm using easily, though.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what I meant was in my experience, I have some roms on now... but I may want a new game I never played or a game I havnt beaten in its prime or something like that. I just find it easier to add the new rom I got, use fat sort, done. it DOES save a few seconds of transferring... and my seconds are precious
wink.gif
j/k

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, you're using those few seconds to start an extra app
wink.gif
I was mainly just messing with you as far as adding new games anyway, I knew what you meant
laugh.gif

Someone please get back to me on if GCOS works with that trick though, it probably won't, but you can't be sure whether you're getting the shaft until you open the door, who knows, the elevator might actually be there for once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp