Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
themuddaload said:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12711

has anyone tried this?
is the memory stick good enough to play backups? if not, what kind of memory stick is required.

thanks.

Would suggest also get a 1gb as well .... reason a friend recently bought this bundle and couldn't get the 4gb recognized by the PSP as a magic memory stick no matter what he did
frown.gif

He ended up using a 1gb pro duo he had in a second PSP to make the magic memory stick .... once modded though the 4GB worked fine for ISO/CSO homebrew etc
smile.gif

not sure if its an issue with 4gb or larger mem sticks using them to mod PSP's ??

btw .... prior to my friends issues I bought the 2gb+Pandora tool bundle for mine and it worked fine!

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
not sure if its an issue with 4gb or larger mem sticks using them to mod PSP's ??
Size, no. Brand, maybe. I used a Lexar II Platinum 4GB to mod my PSP, and there were no problems whatsoever. I dunno if being unable to make it an MMS is due to it being fake or some other manufacturing defect/feature, but I know for a fact that my stick works.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
kobykaan said:
Size, no. Brand, maybe. I used a Lexar II Platinum 4GB to mod my PSP, and there were no problems whatsoever. I dunno if being unable to make it an MMS is due to it being fake or some other manufacturing defect/feature, but I know for a fact that my stick works.

where did you get yours? and how mmuch monies =)

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
where did you get yours? and how mmuch monies =)
I got all five of mine (identical brand and model AFAIK) at Fry's Electronics, in Fishers, IN to be precise. Frys.com is their website. First one was $41, second was $25 with rebate, and the last three were $12 each during a one-day sale.

Well, I have two of the sticks with me now (with the other three coming at the end of the month), but in Blackspeed, they both meet or break 900 on the performance index, so they're pretty good cards.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:

btw .... prior to my friends issues I bought the 2gb+Pandora tool bundle for mine and it worked fine!

I had the same problem with my 4GB "MARK2" Memory Stick from DealExtreme. It didn't have any IPL space allocated, so none of the utilities would work, and they are all dummy (they don't verify if there is space, they just seem to assume there is, silently fail, then you are stuck with a magic memory stick that doesn't work and you don't know why).
First, you should use the RainIPLMStool to verify enough space for IPL, and if it doesn't have enough room, format with MSPformat.
Then, check again. You can create folders and inject IPL with RainIPLMStool, or use RainsUltraLiteMMS to set up the card from that point.

I highly reccomend the PSP Unbricker for PSP1000/2000 with the 4GB MARK2 Memory Stick Pro Duo for PSP hacking.

Don't get the $1.21 Memory Stick Duo adapter though, it is a piece of garbage... either pick up a reader that will read Memory Stick Duo, or use the PSP in USB mode, or get a legit Sony adapter.

Blah blah blah. I'm done talking.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kai445 said:
kobykaan said:

I had the same problem with my 4GB "MARK2" Memory Stick from DealExtreme. It didn't have any IPL space allocated, so none of the utilities would work, and they are all dummy (they don't verify if there is space, they just seem to assume there is, silently fail, then you are stuck with a magic memory stick that doesn't work and you don't know why).
First, you should use the RainIPLMStool to verify enough space for IPL, and if it doesn't have enough room, format with MSPformat.
Then, check again. You can create folders and inject IPL with RainIPLMStool, or use RainsUltraLiteMMS to set up the card from that point.

I highly reccomend the PSP Unbricker for PSP1000/2000 with the 4GB MARK2 Memory Stick Pro Duo for PSP hacking.

Don't get the $1.21 Memory Stick Duo adapter though, it is a piece of garbage... either pick up a reader that will read Memory Stick Duo, or use the PSP in USB mode, or get a legit Sony adapter.

Blah blah blah. I'm done talking.

that works well for both magic memory, and normal use then?
has anyone else used it?

also, does anyone know of a site that is like a gbatemp centered around psp hacking? - with homebrews and such?

thanks guys. =)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
themuddaload said:
has anyone used one of these as an mms:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820171107

price is good, and that way i could have that for an mms, and
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15684

for holding my actual datas like homebrews & games.

good idea?

I Would advise getting at least 1gb for making your MAGIC MEMORY STICK properly so all the needed software will fit along with any updates to get you upto 5.00 m33-4 (latest working custom firmware) ... honestly they are not much more in price
smile.gif

you can either leave it as a MAGIC MEMORY STICK when you have modded the PSP or you could just format it again and use it for homebrew games and applications and keep the 4gb for games
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc