Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The supergaming device The Pandora, which is almost ready for launch. The protoptype is made, the final case is being ordered on monday, and the OS is being tweaked to perfection.

For more info on this fantastic device, visit the homepage or the unofficial blog, which is, well, unofficial, but more frequently updated. While you're at it, check out the devs youtube channels.

Homepage

Unofficial Blog

EvilDragon1717's Youtube channel

Michael Weston's Youtube channel

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
From their official wiki, they are basically stating that the Pandora is incapable of emulating newer gen systems like the Nintendo DS, PS2, etc. So you will be able to emulate the classics with Pandora like some PS1 games, SNES, NES, etc but no newer things like PSP or Nintendo DS and such.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
At that price tag, I'd rather buy a netbook... When it was first announced it was impressive, but now... not so much, something like the 900HA will kick its ass with actual computer games, although I guess size makes a huge difference. XD
Yep... got the 900HA, it plays things like Halo 1, World of Warcraft, Half Life 2, pretty well. $330.

Though while you can hold the 900HA in your hands, its not exactly handheld. So I can see where the appeal for Pandora can occur.

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
From their official wiki, they are basically stating that the Pandora is incapable of emulating newer gen systems like the Nintendo DS, PS2, etc. So you will be able to emulate the classics with Pandora like some PS1 games, SNES, NES, etc but no newer things like PSP or Nintendo DS and such.

leave it to Narin to bring up emulation
rolleyes.gif

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'd say it's a pretty darn fine system. It isn't eye candy, but the power for size angle is impressive. Also, look at some of the videos. It IS a DS on steroids.

Edit:
QUOTE said:
At that price tag, I'd rather buy a netbook... When it was first announced it was impressive, but now... not so much, something like the 900HA will kick its ass with actual computer games, although I guess size makes a huge difference. XD

I want a supergaming handheld, I don't want a small PC. (Though admittedly, the latest Eee PC is quite impressive.)

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a powerful, tiny netbook for games and such, you would be completely crazy to not mention the Raon Digital Everun Note. Yes, it's in a higher price bracket, but it has an AMD dual core processor (1.3 GHz) and an ATI discreet graphics card.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
On January 19, 2009, The lead developer explained that taking pre-orders is a necessity because that while money had already been raised to purchase the parts for the initial production run, the manufacturing costs had not been covered by their initial investment. Additionally, because of unspecified problems with their bank, they could no longer accept credit card orders and remaining orders had to be paid by check or bank wire transfers.[6] After numerous delays, manufacturing is now estimated to occur in March of 2009, but April has been mentioned as a possibility.
Wondering About Delays?

All these delays are going to lose customers over this console. Soon they'll be delaying updates and we all know how angry users can get when they aren't getting updates.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Beware said:
If you want a powerful, tiny netbook for games and such, you would be completely crazy to not mention the Raon Digital Everun Note. Yes, it's in a higher price bracket, but it has an AMD dual core processor (1.3 GHz) and an ATI discreet graphics card.
The processor on the latest Eee PC is 1.6 and $330

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Emulator List

Here is a list of systems for which emulators are available on the Pandora (it may not be complete as new software is being released regularly). This doesn't take into account how complete the emulators are, merely that they exist. For performance data, look at the compatibility database.
Arcade

Final Burn for Pandora

MAME4ALL
Atari Jaguar

T2K for Pandora
Nintendo SNES

PandaSNES
Sega Genesis/Megadrive

PicoDrive
Sony Playstation

PSX4Pandora
Amiga

UAE4ALL
MS-DOS

DOSBox

Alright, but not amazing

However this is quite a spectacle
http://archive.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi
Maybe i should get this.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
xxRAG3 said:
QUOTE said:
Emulator List

Here is a list of systems for which emulators are available on the Pandora (it may not be complete as new software is being released regularly). This doesn't take into account how complete the emulators are, merely that they exist. For performance data, look at the compatibility database.
Arcade

Final Burn for Pandora

MAME4ALL
Atari Jaguar

T2K for Pandora
Nintendo SNES

PandaSNES
Sega Genesis/Megadrive

PicoDrive
Sony Playstation

PSX4Pandora
Amiga

UAE4ALL
MS-DOS

DOSBox

Alright, but not amazing

However this is quite a spectacle
http://archive.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi
Maybe i should get this.
It is amazing considering that the system isn't out yet.

Edit: Did I miss something? That link just looks like the start of a pandora database. It doesn't really have anything in it...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:
Beware said:
The processor on the latest Eee PC is 1.6 and $330
Not to mention battery life on the Raon Digital sucks, and the CPU is locked to 800mhz on battery mode.

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it is bigger and uglier then a ds and also a lot more powerful.
Was thinking of getting one but all these delays make me think the first batch will be buggy.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
PharaohsVizier said:
PS. The Sony netbooks I was referring to was the P Series: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...ategoryId=16154

Back to the original topic, when was the Pandora first announced? I remember when I first read about it, my eyes sorta popped out and I wanted it real bad, but considering the fact that I think this is an overpriced piece of junk right now, it makes me wonder... how long was it?
I believe "overpriced piece of junk" would be a matter of opinion, and in mine, an overstatement. The thing is ugly, but name all the other dual analog SNES padded gaming handhelds with full keyboards that can run office and a variety of emulators. Got anything? Me neither. Granted it is overpriced and a little bit ugly, but I am in need of something exactly like this.

Also, don't bring up the small keyboard, because this thing does bluetooth, so I could just pull out a folding bluetooth keyboard to type on in the built in office app.

Edit: Also, didn't someone say something about $330 for this thing making it an "overpriced piece of junk". WELL, someone also just pulled up the page for the 900 usd sony netbook. Hmm...

While I'm talking about the P series, I'd just like to mention that it has and I quote: "Up to 4 hours standard power" Reminds me of the sega game gear personally. May I also add that the Sony P has a 1.33ghz processor vs the EeePC's 1.6.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The OP called the Pandora a 'super gaming device', although the youtube video of the machine only showed some Genesis games being emulated...What makes this thing so awesome to pick it over a psp or ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...