Gaming PAL Brawl confirmed to have different commentators for different langu

Pikachu025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nho0STu8VBM - Spanish commentator for character names.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83TMtaHvlM - Spanish commentator for start of battle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyNO_VWO9uQ - German commentator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1PenJltQfE - Pokémon Trainer in all languages.

This is just... wow. Totally horrible. I can't believe they actually did that. No, seriously, the German Pokémon Trainer for example is just horrible.

EDIT: Whoops, topic title cut off. If anyone wants to change that feel free to.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Is Mario redubed in italian? XP

I don't understand the languages very well so I can't judge the quality.. but, really.. why do it? I can understand translating the messages and menus, but.. the characters voices.. who cares!? It could be all in japanese and I doubt anyone would complain.. there are very few characters who actually say something anyway..

And btw.. why all the voices in the US version are in english.. except for Marth? If they're taking that much trouble to translate the voice, why not at least finish the job properly?

maz-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:

I don't understand the languages very well so I can't judge the quality.. but, really.. why do it? I can understand translating the messages and menus, but.. the characters voices.. who cares!? It could be all in japanese and I doubt anyone would complain.. there are very few characters who actually say something anyway..

And btw.. why all the voices in the US version are in english.. except for Marth? If they're taking that much trouble to translate the voice, why not at least finish the job properly?

Marth speaks Japanese because the game he starred in was never released outside Japan.

On topic, those voices are downright horrible..good thing you can turn the game's language to English. (you can do that, right?)

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
EEKEH!

WTF!
wtf.gif

Horkel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maz- said:
CockroachMan said:

Marth speaks Japanese because the game he starred in was never released outside Japan.

On topic, those voices are downright horrible..good thing you can turn the game's language to English. (you can do that, right?)

You want to hear the horrible english voices? Sorry, but they are the same crap as the european ones. The only true good voices are in the japanese version ;)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh noes. Seriously noes.

I find the english voice of the Pokémon Trainer annoying... but at least is not the voice of a child
ph34r.gif

The Italian one is just terrible. It seems to be the same voice of Child Guybrush from Monkey Island 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw