smile.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
nvm! I misread, sorry.

It sounds like you really need a doctor, Is there any doctors that don't charge you money in America?

Yep, there are. At least there's one where I live.

B

BryceOne

Just as GBATemp is a gaming site with message boards, there are Medical sites that have message boards as well. Have you tried any? I lost 80% of my hearing a little over a week ago.. It was because of a cold, but it's still very scary, but I went searching to find some possible reasons and found a few good Medical sites. Just use Google and enter some searches (try using symptoms in your searches)

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how food cought in my throat is heartburn. I almost never eat spicy foods because I don't like spicy.

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicelite said:
I don't see how food cought in my throat is heartburn. I almost never eat spicy foods because I don't like spicy.

See, this is why I don't bother offering any advice to people anymore.

If you'd bothered to READ about GERD, it sounds a lot like what you're experiencing, and you don't have to eat spicy foods to cause it. Even common everyday things like vegetables, tomato sauce, and chocolate can cause it. It's not the same thing as heartburn, not at all.

The reason I mentioned trying Prilosec is because I had this exact same thing, with the exact same symptoms you are experiencing, and I went through a dozen doctors, each of them giving a different ridiculous diagnosis -- everything from "It's just stress" to "Food Allergies" before I finally found an ENT who diagnosed me with a severe case of GERD I wasn't even aware I had. One of the valves wasn't closing properly on my esophagus, and it was causing acid to leak up into my throat, burning the flesh and causing me intense pain from time to time, making it hard to swallow (with that "stuck in my throat" sensation) and sometimes even making it hard to breathe. And yes, drinking stuff to try and alleviate the pain didn't help, it only made it worse. About 6 years ago he performed a surgery (laparoscopic nissen fundoplication) to correct it, and I've been right as rain ever since.

The first step they try in treating GERD is to put you on an acid inhibitor like Prilosec, to see if it helps any. In mild cases that's all it takes. And since it's fairly inexpensive and available OTC, it might be something to try, just to see if it helps. Cause it could be any number of things, but it sounds suspiciously like what I had. Take it with a grain of salt.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!