Overslept during school, what should I do?

DarthVader3257

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
19
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
65
Country
United States
Arite guys, today at school, we had a delayed 3-hour opening (usually it starts at 7:20 but today it started at 10:20). I then awoke to find out that it was 9:55, and it was impossible to get ready within that period, and also, I carpool with my neighbors, and they had already gone anyways, so basically I don't have any idea what I'm supposed to do.
frown.gif
My mom and sister both work till 4:00 and leave around 9:00 so I have no ride until then. Any ideas??
 

DarthVader3257

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
19
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
65
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Call your school and tell them you overslept. Apologise and tell them it'll never happen again.

That's it.

That is another problem though. My mom took my cell phone away for a week, and we refunded our home phone and are getting a new one.
ohnoes.png
 

The Pi

Lurker
Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2010
Messages
1,637
Trophies
0
Location
Scotland
XP
365
Country
Arctic said:
Take the bus?
Not much else I can say really or walk

I live 2 miles from my school and take the bus everyday, there's not much wrong with it.

Now stop being a fucktard and get to school.
 

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,647
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Riviera
XP
138
Country
Belgium
DarthVader3257 said:
That is another problem though. My mom took my cell phone away for a week, and we refunded our home phone and are getting a new one.
ohnoes.png
Then go find someone in your neighbourhood and ask to use their phone for a couple of minutes.

Either way, what you're doing now is pretty silly, too. You're waiting for someone to reply on an internet forum, while you can look for possible solutions yourself and go to school faster.

If you can't find any decent solution, put on your shoes and start walkin'.

Also, lmao @ yuyuyup.
 

DarthVader3257

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
19
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
65
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
DarthVader3257 said:
That is another problem though. My mom took my cell phone away for a week, and we refunded our home phone and are getting a new one.
ohnoes.png
Then go find someone in your neighbourhood and ask to use their phone for a couple of minutes.

Either way, what you're doing now is pretty silly, too. You're waiting for someone to reply on an internet forum, while you can look for possible solutions yourself and go to school faster.

If you can't find any decent solution, put on your shoes and start walkin'.

Also, lmao @ yuyuyup.

I don't know why f*ck you guys gotta be so rude about it. I mean there is no possible solution whatsoever. My mom turns her phone off (same with my sis) while they're at work (DUH!). So leaving a message will just get my ass kicked when I get home. Walking to school is out of option: My school is 8 miles away from my house, and I don't know anyone that has attempted to walk to school from my neighborhood. The bus already left by the time I woke up. In fact, the bus leaves right before my carpool ride comes to pick me up. I guess calling is all I can do. Anyways, my main point: JEEZ! :/
 

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
2,300
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Charlotte's maze
XP
525
Country
United Kingdom
sinharvest24 said:
When i overslept i usually just stay home. Just chill home and make up some crappy excuse. This is no big deal
This. I've overslept 3 times, missing up to 2 hours at a time. It's really not a biggy, just so long as you apologise.
 

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2010
Messages
1,647
Trophies
0
Age
31
Website
Visit site
XP
280
Country
DarthVader3257 said:
I don't know why f*ck you guys gotta be so rude about it. I mean there is no possible solution whatsoever. My mom turns her phone off (same with my sis) while they're at work (DUH!). So leaving a message will just get my ass kicked when I get home. Walking to school is out of option: My school is 8 miles away from my house, and I don't know anyone that has attempted to walk to school from my neighborhood. The bus already left by the time I woke up. In fact, the bus leaves right before my carpool ride comes to pick me up. I guess calling is all I can do. Anyways, my main point: JEEZ! :/


Just to repeat:

Man up, go to school and apologize for being tardy. I ain't gonna kill you. Trust me.
 

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,647
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Riviera
XP
138
Country
Belgium
That depends on your school and how strict they are on being late, though. If someone on my school is late (that doesn't come from a different city by bus) three times, they get detention (only half an hour, but still, detention is detention). I come from a different city by bus, though, so I can't be harmed.
yay.gif


EDIT: this was @shlong and that other guy.
 

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
2,300
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Charlotte's maze
XP
525
Country
United Kingdom
Overlord Nadrian said:
That depends on your school and how strict they are on being late, though. If someone on my school is late (that doesn't come from a different city by bus) three times, they get detention (only half an hour, but still, detention is detention). I come from a different city by bus, though, so I can't be harmed.
yay.gif


EDIT: this was @shlong and that other guy.
Sure, I did get in trouble, but as long as you say that you're sorry, before they ask where you were, you'll get off with less trouble.
 

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,647
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Riviera
XP
138
Country
Belgium
Again, if your school is really strict, they're probably not going to listen to any kind of excuse you come up with, no matter how true it is and no matter how many times you apologise.
 

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2010
Messages
996
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Anywhere you think of me.
Website
Visit site
XP
198
Country
Chad
@the person above me, but if you stay home and get your parent/guardian to write a letter, giving a reason for staying home (of course the reason will be fake unless the real reason is good/important)
By doing this the school will have to accept and let the matter drop. If this doesn't work you should consider leaving that school...seriously
 

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2008
Messages
6,647
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Riviera
XP
138
Country
Belgium
If your parents write fake letters for you because you skipped school for an illegitimate reason, they're no good. That's like asking a doctor for proof you've been ill and thus didn't need to go to school, but you weren't actually ill. My Dad gets people that ask for that all the time, luckily he refuses all of them, but other doctors that work with my Dad sometimes give those people what they ask for. Which is completely stupid, because they only do that to make sure the people keep coming to them.

The funny thing about it is that most of those people are of the kind that never pay for a visit to the doctor. And they just let that pass as if it's no biggy...
 

DarthVader3257

Member
OP
Newcomer
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
19
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
65
Country
United States
Hmmm... I guess you guys are right. And to tell you the truth, my school doesn't care that much if you get tardy. It can happen once in a while (like me), so I don't think it's a big deal. And plus, if they think I ditched, they were supposed to call me at 12 (eastern time) and that didn't happen either.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maq47 @ Maq47: @BORTZ sorry, not sorry. xD https://i.imgur.com/C0IOqpt.png