Overslept during school, what should I do?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by DarthVader3257, Nov 11, 2010.

Nov 11, 2010
  1. DarthVader3257
    OP

Newcomer DarthVader3257 Member

United States
    Arite guys, today at school, we had a delayed 3-hour opening (usually it starts at 7:20 but today it started at 10:20). I then awoke to find out that it was 9:55, and it was impossible to get ready within that period, and also, I carpool with my neighbors, and they had already gone anyways, so basically I don't have any idea what I'm supposed to do. [​IMG] My mom and sister both work till 4:00 and leave around 9:00 so I have no ride until then. Any ideas??

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Call your school and tell them you overslept. Apologise and tell them it'll never happen again.

That's it.

3. DarthVader3257
    OP

United States
    That is another problem though. My mom took my cell phone away for a week, and we refunded our home phone and are getting a new one. [​IMG]

4. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    1 tardy, quit being a teachers pet. If they give you shit about it, just strip entirely naked in front of them and say "NOW what's up motherfucker"

5. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Play some Mario Kart like a normal kid

6. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    Man up, go to school and apologize for being tardy. I ain't gonna kill you. Trust me.

7. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada

Last edited by playallday, Jun 22, 2015
  8. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Not much else I can say really or walk

I live 2 miles from my school and take the bus everyday, there's not much wrong with it.

Now stop being a fucktard and get to school.

9. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    Then go find someone in your neighbourhood and ask to use their phone for a couple of minutes.

Either way, what you're doing now is pretty silly, too. You're waiting for someone to reply on an internet forum, while you can look for possible solutions yourself and go to school faster.

If you can't find any decent solution, put on your shoes and start walkin'.

Also, lmao @ yuyuyup.

10. DarthVader3257
    OP

United States
    I don't know why f*ck you guys gotta be so rude about it. I mean there is no possible solution whatsoever. My mom turns her phone off (same with my sis) while they're at work (DUH!). So leaving a message will just get my ass kicked when I get home. Walking to school is out of option: My school is 8 miles away from my house, and I don't know anyone that has attempted to walk to school from my neighborhood. The bus already left by the time I woke up. In fact, the bus leaves right before my carpool ride comes to pick me up. I guess calling is all I can do. Anyways, my main point: JEEZ! :/

11. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    I don't know about the others but I never intended to be rude in any way.

12. SinHarvest24

Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Trinidad and Tobago
    When i overslept i usually just stay home. Just chill home and make up some crappy excuse. This is no big deal

13. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    This. I've overslept 3 times, missing up to 2 hours at a time. It's really not a biggy, just so long as you apologise.

14. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines

Just to repeat:

Man up, go to school and apologize for being tardy. I ain't gonna kill you. Trust me.

15. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    That depends on your school and how strict they are on being late, though. If someone on my school is late (that doesn't come from a different city by bus) three times, they get detention (only half an hour, but still, detention is detention). I come from a different city by bus, though, so I can't be harmed. [​IMG]

EDIT: this was @shlong and that other guy.

16. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    Sure, I did get in trouble, but as long as you say that you're sorry, before they ask where you were, you'll get off with less trouble.

17. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    Again, if your school is really strict, they're probably not going to listen to any kind of excuse you come up with, no matter how true it is and no matter how many times you apologise.

18. SinHarvest24

Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Trinidad and Tobago
    @the person above me, but if you stay home and get your parent/guardian to write a letter, giving a reason for staying home (of course the reason will be fake unless the real reason is good/important)
    By doing this the school will have to accept and let the matter drop. If this doesn't work you should consider leaving that school...seriously

19. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    If your parents write fake letters for you because you skipped school for an illegitimate reason, they're no good. That's like asking a doctor for proof you've been ill and thus didn't need to go to school, but you weren't actually ill. My Dad gets people that ask for that all the time, luckily he refuses all of them, but other doctors that work with my Dad sometimes give those people what they ask for. Which is completely stupid, because they only do that to make sure the people keep coming to them.

The funny thing about it is that most of those people are of the kind that never pay for a visit to the doctor. And they just let that pass as if it's no biggy...

20. DarthVader3257
    OP

United States
    Hmmm... I guess you guys are right. And to tell you the truth, my school doesn't care that much if you get tardy. It can happen once in a while (like me), so I don't think it's a big deal. And plus, if they think I ditched, they were supposed to call me at 12 (eastern time) and that didn't happen either.