Hacking Out of region Mario Kart 7 can't find local rooms?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Running 9.4J on emunand and MK7 US. It can't seem to find local hosts, but it is fine online. I'm guessing the reason could be that it's out of region, but I'm wondering about the specifics too. Also I tried New Super Mario Bros 2, Smash Bros 3DS, Monster Hunter 4U, and all other US games on my JP 3DS, and it seems to work fine. Only Mario Kart 7 is the one not biting.

Anyone know what's going on?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Dunno about MK7.
I just knew Taiko no Tatsujin 3DS2 (JPN) errored on accepting guests in a multiplay on EUR 3DS.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had a US 3DS host the game for MK7, and it it's not visible in the JP 3DS with MK7 US. not sure if this is something that can be fixed.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't download play across different regions. But I do think it will only work if the host has the same region game as the rest of the players. I.e, mk7 us running on Japan console can send to other us consoles, but not vice versa.

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm not doing download play, it's just the normal local screen after one with the game makes it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol