Out growing video games?

D

Dork

This sort of applies to me. It really depends on the game.

If it's a game from a series I love to death like Legend of Zelda, than I'll be all over that game and I'll probably have it done in that week maybe even before. Otherwise I have a tough time finishing games, but for me it's less of the video games themselves and more of me changing. I've become such a jaded and bitter person and I'm so depressed and upset with life, my only real hobbies are playing video games, doing mathematics, and programming.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
22 and still just as into videogames as I was when I was 4.

Oh, man, how adorbable can you get with that quote and that avatar? ^_^

Anyway, yeah, I gotta say, I'm feeling the same way lately, though certain games will just really open up my imagination.

Bravely Default, for example, was probably the most amazing thing I've experienced in recent years. I mean, that class system. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It's like my every FFVA wet dream combined into a lucid superorgy.

And don't even get me STARTED on my Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town replay now that I've got my Supercard DSTWO operational. Is there anything better than pooping and farming? Maybe Natsume will show us if they remake this damn game in HD.

Uhhh...yeah. =P Anyway, aside from those, I'm also feeling more inclined towards real work projects, even if my ADHD is destroying my concentration.

....Ooh, look, kitty in a box sayin' something cute!

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've become such a jaded and bitter person and I'm so depressed and upset with life, my only real hobbies are playing video games, doing mathematics, and programming.

I'm with you on that trust me I have and currently (not as bad) depressed, the trick to that is to try and keep yourself busy and not at the house so much just get out and do something I have very few friends, and rarely hang-out so what I did was got a job locally, it helps a lot keeps me from thinking about it, I would offer the same for you. Good luck my friend!

Thanks everyone else for the replies, I guess for me it come down to the game I'm playing, and not Video Games in general.

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I love retro stuff and that never gets old. Were in a time now where we get bored easy. Mario is always fun

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Same exact thing happened to me/is happening to me.

I still find enjoyment in some single player titles and I don't expect myself to completely drop gaming, as it's been such a large part of my life, but my main obsession was Multiplier games. Now none of them appeal to me. It may be that I'm getting older or something but I think it's most likely quite normal to grow out of gaming once you mature. Sooner or later you kinda have to realise life is far too short and maybe gaming isn't worth it anymore.

P

pasc

Well.. growing out, perhaps.

Good thing though there is a fix for this:

Retron5

also I need to play some N64, pSX and Dreamcast.

When those are finished I'll be in trouble...

Most new games don't appeal to me.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
It's honestly the opposite for me. I liked video games when I was younger, but not THAT much (probably because the parents didn't want me playing for long).

Now I play games every day, keep up with game news, etc.

Sometimes people grow out of hobbies. It's not a bad thing.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love video games still to this day. You should probably take a break from gaming and do something else. Like, gaming isn't the only thing I like doing.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's only natural. As you grow older, your priorities and responsibilities change. School, jobs, social life, finances, etc. Not everyone is so fortunate to be able to make a career out of their trivial hobbies and continue to engage them into adulthood. Granted, video games today aren't as fun or innovative as they once were, so that could also be a factor. However, that's a different discussion for another thread.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have lost my love for gaming many times. Until I realized that gaming is just like any other hobby I sometimes need to take a break from.
Last time it was so dramatic I still have that stupid phrase on my signature. Then I came back home after a while and BAM! 6 games finished in one day. I don't have any other PC game I have suspended and can start new ones.
Just relax. We are not talking about watching football, you are asking if one day you will stop watching sports at all. If you have a passion, it stays with you.

Reactions: xcrimsonstormx

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games are really such a unique memory for me since i can remember watching my first Toys R' Us commercial and salivating over a glimpse at SMB 2 :tpi: man o man i was hooked.Every weekend would be an excuse to wake up early,grab my Snes and head out to my cousins and play to our hearts content devouring sugar fueled snacks till nightfall.......and walking home still seeing pictures of mario kart tournaments or street fighter alpha 3 battles and Perfect Dark deathmatches...oh PD u lovely bitch....Happy Times

Nowadays i seem to collect games more than finish them but i always go back to the Classics the Greats that made me fall in love with medium since a child. I've been thru console war after console war and holiday tramplings for years and in the end the spoils go to the victor.....

A Winner Is You!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain