Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive already put a few hours into this and debating if I should do it to my kids n3dsxl's as well.
Ill test mine out and then maybe do theirs 1 weekend each.

Edit: I have the otps and restoring my sysnand so nearly out of the woods.
Many thanx.
I ended up finishing with the PC batch files and then picking up after that with the new guide for both otp bins.

Last edited by TheGlow,

grandem

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am having troubles here
I failed on saving all stuff on the sd card before formating it

8 Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, then get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice

9 Open EmuNAND9

10 Select the "Complete emuNAND setup" option
on part 3 with old 3ds.

i just installed emunand and now reinand fails when i start it with the message:

An error occured while loading the payload
Make sure your launcher is located at: /ReiNand.dat

What can i do now?

Last edited by grandem,

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I had a brick after installing arm9loaderhax.3dsx.
It seems I somehow skipped copying arm9bootloader.bin and arm9loaderhax.bin, which I'm sure I did.
I did realize if the sd card is it it would immediately power down. If no SD card in, it would just hang.
Does this mean we NEED to have those files on the 3ds or it is effectively useless?
Are any of those files on the SD tied to this specific 3ds besides the \Nintendo 3DS\ folders?

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I noticed the guide uses AuReiNAND. Can I use rxTools with a 10.6 emuNAND?

Another question. I'm thinking about going through the process using another SD card, not the one where I have my games/CIAs installed.

Will I be able to use them later?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the guide uses AuReiNAND. Can I use rxTools with a 10.6 emuNAND?

Another question. I'm thinking about going through the process using another SD card, not the one where I have my games/CIAs installed.

Will I be able to use them later?
1. Yes you can use Rxtools though AuReiNand is more prefered right now probably because Rxtools seems like it's a baby right now while AuReiNand is closer to an adult (yeah bad analogy just go with it).

2. Yes it should be fine to switch sd cards.

Reactions: Hyura

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. Yes you can use Rxtools though AuReiNand is more prefered right now probably because Rxtools seems like it's a baby right now while AuReiNand is closer to an adult (yeah bad analogy just go with it).

2. Yes it should be fine to switch sd cards.

I asked that because I already have rxTools running. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to get AuReiNAND running.

And yay :D Right now I have two SD cards with games installed (one that I barely use but that I'd like to keep) and the one that I'm planning to use for the OTP.

Thanks!

Reactions: Just Passing By

grandem

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Regarding my problem:
  1. Copy both the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip and the 3ds folder from the AuReiNAND zip to the root of your SD card
  2. Copy the rei folder from the AuReiNAND zip to the root of your SD card
  3. Copy firmware.bin from the firmware zip to the /rei/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy ReiNand.dat from the AuReiNAND zip to the root of your SD card
  5. Copy the TinyFormat folder from the TinyFormat zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card
  6. Copy the 3ds folder and FBI.cia file from the FBI zip to the root of your SD card
  7. Put a blank file named SysNAND.txt in the /Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/ folder; <id0> will be a long string of random characters; this will let you know which folder is SysNAND and which is EmuNAND after unlinking
Are these all the files i need or what else should i copy on my formated SD card?
Is the menuhax also gone after using the Complete emuNAND setup?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I asked that because I already have rxTools running. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to get AuReiNAND running.

And yay :D Right now I have two SD cards with games installed (one that I barely use but that I'd like to keep) and the one that I'm planning to use for the OTP.

Thanks!
You don't have to do anything extra to use aureinand. You just have that boot instead of rxtools. As for the dual sd card yes you can do it, its how I did mine.

Reactions: Hyura

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding my problem:
  1. Copy both the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip and the 3ds folder from the AuReiNAND zip to the root of your SD card
  2. Copy the rei folder from the AuReiNAND zip to the root of your SD card
  3. Copy firmware.bin from the firmware zip to the /rei/ folder on your SD card
  4. Copy ReiNand.dat from the AuReiNAND zip to the root of your SD card
  5. Copy the TinyFormat folder from the TinyFormat zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card
  6. Copy the 3ds folder and FBI.cia file from the FBI zip to the root of your SD card
  7. Put a blank file named SysNAND.txt in the /Nintendo 3DS/<id0>/ folder; <id0> will be a long string of random characters; this will let you know which folder is SysNAND and which is EmuNAND after unlinking
Are these all the files i need or what else should i copy on my formated SD card?
Is the menuhax also gone after using the Complete emuNAND setup?
If you're still setting up emunand, this probably isn't the guide for you.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't have to do anything extra to use aureinand. You just have that boot instead of rxtools. As for the dual sd card yes you can do it, its how I did mine.

I'll give it a try right now. Just gotta change my boot.cfg.

edit

Ok... How does it show the firmware version? Just like the original 3DS?

Because it scared the hell out of me.

Last edited by Hyura,

Rinnen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would somebody bother to answer a question of mine?
Well,I'm thinking about giving it a try.
Even if this probably were asked before 10001 times.... What is the brick possibility with this?(9.2 SYSNAND,OLD3DS,NO-HARDMOD user).
It's "just f*cking pray" like SysUpdater and 9.2 downgrade?
Or It's more reliable and bricks are due to user mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rinnen,

grandem

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
  1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher on EmuNAND through the entrypoint of your choice
How am i supposed to do this with the newes OS ??? 10.6.0-31E

Last edited by grandem,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
  1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher on EmuNAND through the entrypoint of your choice
How am i supposed to do this with the newes OS ??? 10.6.0-31E
If your 3ds sysnand is on 10.6 this guide isn't really for you. You will need to do some extra steps involving a hardmod to downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah who am i kidding? we all know he lives in north korea