Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then what is it? I already have my OTP and arm9loaderhax.3dsx but cant boot without an MSD?
Place arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card and it will run it (without LCD tho)
The reason it was powering down is because you didn't have any payload on your SD card. It's an indicator for a successed install.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a N3DS guess ill try using our horrid search bar :P

I just commited an update since i had to rewrite the start.s MPU settings. So if you compile that normally, it'll work on normal cakehax entry. To get it to run on a9lh, you need to comment out loadSplash in main.c because since you're running it before kernels are setup, LCD isnt initialized. So simply comment that out, compile, and you only need the code that would be at 0x12000 of the dat (because everything prior is rop stuffs). So i found the fastest way to get that is just go into the build folder and find main.bin and rename to arm9loaderhax.bin and put on root of SD. x3
I'll leave a build here in this post but just for future updates, comment out splash screen until i figure out how to run arm11 code before kernels lol.

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/arm9loaderhax-zip.39143/

Reactions: hippy dave

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to help where I can, but it seems that half of this thread has turned into posts about the arm9loaderhax. Can you please use a separate thread for that and leave this thread to OTP issues? It's hard to figure out exactly what answer to give without the right context.

For instance, I was going to ask some black-screen bricked people if they had bothered deleting their extdata folder from the SD card. That wouldn't make any sense at all when the perceived brick is because of a9l.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking at the guide for o3DS with CN, couldn't it be a lot easier with a GW card to backup and restore SysNAND (instead of decrypt9) and using a spare SD card so you don't need to worry about your existing GW 10.5.0 EmuNAND?

As well, are there any issues with being served an update notice while installing ninjhax homebrew launcher which forces you to connect to the internet? The problem is that you can't have anything there when you attempt to upgrade back with the game cart. Would you need to back up SysNAND with GW, proceed to install homebrew launcher, then if you get the 10.5 update restore your SysNAND before downgrade?

Final question: does having a patched AGB_FIRM on SysNAND pose a problem for the 2.1 downgrade?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ZeroShift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: sysUpdater won't downgrade using 3DSX. Is it an option to install the sysUpdater CIA, do the complete emuNAND setup then attempt to downgrade emuNAND?

N3DS here.

EDIT: Scratch that, just injected sysUpdater into Health and Safety. Downgrading as we speak.

Last edited by ZeroShift,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have asked a couple time now but this thread is moving fast enough I think people might have missed it. Do sysNAND and emuNAND have to be linked/unlinked or does it even matter to perform the steps of the OTP guide. Mrrraou was kind enough to let me know to use only sd or sdhc to perform. Any guidance will be appreciated. For successful N3DS users please enlighten me on the path to arm9loaderhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum