Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
What do you mean by half-processed?
It's really funny how you read my mind. You scare me.
Pretty much yeah it's CLK :C

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Long story short.
python script was missing xorpad files but it did output sysnand.bin into unbricked folder.
I used it again with renamed xorpads and flashed it.

D

Deleted User

Yes I did delete folder on the sd card after it didn't work I took out sd card. Still only blue led.
I will do that the second time with emunand_bricked. Just didn't know that script places it into unbricked folder while deleting the original. Thanks.

Well it actually makes all the changes to the emunand_bricked.bin and then renames/moves it.

What I've been doing is keeping the bricked copied elsewhere. Then I run the script, then I manually run the changes and hex edit, and then compare those two.

Edit: Ah I see you were missing XORPADS. Then yea, thar be a brick.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I'm using the cia SU.
And I think I found the source of my problem. I had 127 files in 'updates' on my 3DS, and only 113 in the 'all in one pack' given by the guide... Well, the guide never told me to delete the updates folder but I guess it's still my fault for not checking that.

edit nope, same error. Will try formatting the SD...
Nope, even after formatting, I still get the same error...

edit This took some time, but after setting up a 9.2 emuNAND (and not 10.5), it worked.

Last edited by Hayleia,

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Well it actually makes all the changes to the emunand_bricked.bin and then renames/moves it.

What I've been doing is keeping the bricked copied elsewhere. Then I run the script, then I manually run the changes and hex edit, and then compare those two.

Edit: Ah I see you were missing XORPADS. Then yea, thar be a brick.
Funny thing is they were there just with "OLD" names.
When I replaced script from newest pack it was the same size, byte to byte, ofc I didn't check the script with md5.

D

Deleted User

Yea - in that case if the script was updated, it would of basically only used one padgen and never injected the 2nd.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
if you injected FBI over the H&S app it will remain even after a format
No, I injected it (not scrolling to the end of the menu to see the existing one) and now there's one in H&S and one separately.

maybe you injected fbi to hs app before.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty much stuck at Section II, Step 8. I injected FBI into H&S but when I tried to install the sysupdater.cia it failed, so then I dumped H&S again and injected devmen, that gave me the nintendo error screen, dumped and injected FBI into H&S again and I get another nintendo error screen. Help?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
OK, now reformatted emuNAND, this time there's only one FBI, in place of H&S. I'm using reiNAND. Am I all set for continuing?

What precautions do I need to take when using the N3DS script?

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok doing this today. Nervous but meh I got a guy who can hardmod if anything goes wrong. One thing I'm not clear on is how to compile the arm9hax so could someone please pm me who would be willing to do that part for me. Thanks

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH