Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Take the x32 one. It's better, I think. And some people got issues building it with the x64 Python.

I personally used 64-bit python 2.7, but it never hurts to stick with 32-bit stuff for consistency with others.

I used 64 bit Python 2.6 on Windows and building a9hl worked fine each time.
I've installed the x64 already, but it can't produce a bad A9LH installer, right? It's either a good build or no build.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
H&S injection.
Tried that, but it can't open 0:fbi_inject.tmd

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have Gateway you can boot into that temporarily to use a .3ds version of DevMenu/FBI/whatever to install one, or use Decrypt9 to inject FBI into Health and Safety.
THX, I'll try with D9!

If you have Gateway you can boot into that temporarily to use a .3ds version of DevMenu/FBI/whatever to install one, or use Decrypt9 to inject FBI into Health and Safety.
It said: No usable file found

Got it sorted out, did the injection with banner.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two pythons installed: 3.5 and 2.7, How do I make sure the python executable uses 3.5?

I'd rather not have to uninstall 2.7

Last edited by mungry,

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Tried that, but it can't open 0:fbi_inject.tmd

THX, I'll try with D9!

It said: No usable file found

Got it sorted out, did the injection with banner.
People seem to forget to use mini pasta before using cia managers in hbl.
All I did is used minipasta and just installed cia to sd the usual way.
Hope this helps.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it fine if I use a freshly formatted micro SD to set up a new emunand and stuff on to get the OTP? Or is it better to do with your main micro SD that I already have all my system files and already set up emunand on? (the only reason i'm asking is I would have to transfer my entire 64gb SDXC to my 32GB SDHC, since SDXC doesn't work on 2.1..)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it fine if I use a freshly formatted micro SD to set up a new emunand and stuff on to get the OTP? Or is it better to do with your main micro SD that I already have all my system files and already set up emunand on? (the only reason i'm asking is I would have to transfer my entire 64gb SDXC to my 32GB SDHC, since SDXC doesn't work on 2.1..)

It's fine to use a new SD card. I used a small 4GB SDHC card instead of my 64GB one I use for my N3DS (I'm also lucky and have a smaller 1280MB NAND chip instead of the 1.8GB some have).

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fine to use a new SD card. I used a small 4GB SDHC card instead of my 64GB one I use for my N3DS (I'm also lucky and have a smaller 1280MB NAND chip instead of the 1.8GB some have).

Alright thanks man. I think I have a 1.8 gb nand lol. Just one more thing: The OTP will always work for your particular system no matter how many times you format nand and such?

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Listen to this person.
I am too, lucky to have 1280MB nand. It really makes things easier cause I don't use large sd cards.

Reactions: daxtsu

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my old 3ds I keep getting an error has occurred error when downgrading. I didn't get that at all when downgrading my new 3ds is this a common occurance on downgrading an old 3ds

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my old 3ds I keep getting an error has occurred error when downgrading. I didn't get that at all when downgrading my new 3ds is this a common occurance on downgrading an old 3ds
Yes, you'll just have to keep trying. o3ds in particular can take a while before it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.