Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Chuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, since you're formatting emunand, wouldn't that disconnect your nnid from your device?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you use TinyFormat. The idea is that after you're done with everything, you restore your old emunand backup and get right back to where you were before you started the process to get your OTP dump.

Reactions: Chuu

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bricked whilst trying to get arm9loaderhax.3dsx executed (it loaded and ran what looked to be the code, but then blackscreened). If you're a newbie like me I'd stay well clear for now!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i dont inject it to sysnand i do it to emunand? Im confused where they said just downgrade emunand to 2.1 but i thought thats what we were supposed to do to begin with.
What? I'd ask if you were actually following the guide, but you don't even understand what I wrote... Perhaps you shouldn't do this thing because you can BRICK. I hope your system is hard modded...

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
What? I'd ask if you were actually following the guide, but you don't even understand what I wrote... Perhaps you shouldn't do this thing because you can BRICK. I hope your system is hard modded...
I am reading the guide, im doing stuff step by step. It doesnt hurt to ask if you are confused by multiple peoples input on what to do.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugghhhh so let me get this straight. You have to format emunand through Tinyformat, then downgrade, then what? Can you go from there to sysnand or no?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if tinyformat works from HBL, sysupdater definitely doesn't. You need to install it in .cia. I did it using Brickway, I suppose you could do it with FBI (as the emunand will have 9.0, so I think FBI should work on it). So, using the entrypoint of your choice, get into HBL, open FBI, install tinyformat .cia, use it to format, configure emuNAND, get into HBL again on emuNAND, open FBI, install sysupdater, downgrade to 2.1 (check that there were no errors), if you wish make safety checks, dump emuNAND, create xorpads, decrypt/re-encrypt ctrnand with the xorpads, paste header, flash on sysnand and pray.
OK how do you do all these safety checks cause I ain't bricking mine yet?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it just powers off like ~1 second then it worked. All thats
's needed is to write a payload with sig patches to nand ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH