Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did 9.2.0-20E => 2.1.0-4E => Dumped OTP => back to 9.2.0-20E without any hardmod on a New 3DS. Had to eject the SD card before booting 2.1.0-4E and reinject it while it was booting, too.
this is pretty interesting... is https://github.com/Plailect/OTP/blob/master/New_3DS_Cubic.md suitable enough to try this or something else? I want to do this on a console I don't use as much (and as such won't lose much if it bricks). I do have a NAND dump at hand in case something happens.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
this is pretty interesting... is https://github.com/Plailect/OTP/blob/master/New_3DS_Cubic.md suitable enough to try this or something else? I want to do this on a console I don't use as much (and as such won't lose much if it bricks). I do have a NAND dump at hand in case something happens.
I did it without Cubic Ninja, too. Only did it with Spider. I guess you could do it, but still use Spider (and downgrade on 2.1) to restore NAND with Decrypt9 for Spider2.1.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it without Cubic Ninja, too. Only did it with Spider. I guess you could do it, but still use Spider (and downgrade on 2.1) to restore NAND with Decrypt9 for Spider2.1.
I do have access to Cubic Ninja so I've been using that. though I think it's only needed after the downgrade to get OTP and stuff. :)

guess I'm off to try some hax soon

Reactions: Mrrraou

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does, but I've already deviated from the guide by trying to use the CIA version of SysUpdater, whereas the guide only says to use the 3dsx version. I have tried recreating emunand with FBI installed on sysnand, but FBI did not carry over :( Is there another way of installing FBI on emunand?
Downgrading right now... :(

Yes, I had to inject into health and safety app using decrypt 9 and Universal Injector. Once FBI was installed, I installed hombrew loader cia and yes system updater as cia is what I used.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I had to inject into health and safety app using decrypt 9 and Universal Injector. Once FBI was installed, I installed hombrew loader cia and yes system updater as cia is what I used.
Well I'm past that point now, I just installed FBI to sysnand and recreated emunand. The problem now is that my 3DS won't boot with the 2.1 image flashed using hardmod. I'm currently writing it using Decrypt9, so hopefully that will work.

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is the reason that you can't use EmuNAND for dumping?

How much is the chance that dumping the OTP will be possible above FW 3.0 in the future?
If that would never happen I might go to try this once I have the time, otherwise I will wait.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm past that point now, I just installed FBI to sysnand and recreated emunand. The problem now is that my 3DS won't boot with the 2.1 image flashed using hardmod. I'm currently writing it using Decrypt9, so hopefully that will work.

Hope it does. Not sure why it wouldn't have worked via a hardmod. It is essentially doing the same thing.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, same problem: black screen on boot after writing the 2.1 image to sysNAND. I don't know what's gone wrong :(

Must be your hex editing or when you ran the CMD output for sysNAND.bin. I guess possibly even the downgrade, but we're all using the same downgrade files from the same link.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Must be your hex editing or when you ran the CMD output for sysNAND.bin. I guess possibly even the downgrade, but we're all using the same downgrade files from the same link.
The hex editing was definitely correct. The downgrade seemed to work too. I have no idea. I'm going back to 9.2 now and I'll try again tomorrow.

Reactions: Audioboxer

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are reports saying that upgrading with pokemon would work... this shit is getting very cofusing
Worked fine for me on n3ds, did you follow the steps I posted to clean up the emunand before downgrading it? If not you may have had files installed that conflicted? Sorry to hear your having troubles.

key1340

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide just got it done on N3DSXL no hard mod.

The only part that wouldn't work was the sysUpdater.3dsx error every time.Installed the cia version and worked first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughhhh so hard to find, "Marmalade Boy" lol my girlfriend wants this weird movie.... I wonder if...