Hacking Other loaders for Acekard/Aikio

PopeSock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an Acekard, running Akiao or however it's spelt, and both it and the Acekard firmware have problems with Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. Sometimes it freezes between chapters, and I know I'm not the only person to run into this. I know I can choose a separate loader for certain roms, so I was wondering if there are any alternate loader files I can put onto the card and invoke from Aikio for that one rom?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't had problems with Phoenix Wright games on my acekard. Have you tried using the panasonic sd formatter to properly format the card?

Also assuming you updated the loader from here?

((edited as I just can't spell
sleep.gif
))

smellyfungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have a solution but i do confirm having the same problem. ive only gotten to the third chapter but only around half of the the time does it freeze in between the next act or whatever.

i dont see it as a big deal cause i just soft reset and then keep playing.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah same thing happened to me whenever a new chapter starts. It saves after it saves it freezes. Then I need to soft reset also. I am using AKAIO 14.1 with the 5/30 Loaders. On my original R4 using YSMENU this does not happen.

PopeSock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did actually have an R4, but I traded up to an AceKard when they stopped supporting it. I'm using the same genuine SanDisk MicroSD card I used with the R4, and that didn't give me any problems.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out the problem when starting the game. Do this hold A while it is loading and make sure the Loading won't turn green it has to be Blue the whole time. That means you need to use the old DMA Mode. The new one freezes the game after each chapter. Also the new one sometimes make it freeze when you put the DS on hold for a long time.

PopeSock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
I found out the problem when starting the game. Do this hold A while it is loading and make sure the Loading won't turn green it has to be Blue the whole time. That means you need to use the old DMA Mode. The new one freezes the game after each chapter. Also the new one sometimes make it freeze when you put the DS on hold for a long time.

Ta. That was it. Holding down A worked. Reformatting the card etc did nothing, but this sorted it. It's a shame that - according to the wiki - there's no way to force old DMA mode for one single rom.

EDIT: Yep, according to the Wiki that's non-DMA mode, so that must have been it.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PopeSock said:
jakob95 said:

Ta. That was it. Reformatting the card etc did nothing, but this sorted it. It's a shame that - according to the wiki - there's no way to force old DMA mode for one single rom.

I added the fix to http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKA...M_Compatibility but they took it off for some reason.

EDIT: And my bad you have to use NO DMA mode. To do that you hold A. The old DMA Mode doesn't fix it and to use it you hold X.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
jakob95 said:
PopeSock said:
jakob95 said:

Ta. That was it. Reformatting the card etc did nothing, but this sorted it. It's a shame that - according to the wiki - there's no way to force old DMA mode for one single rom.

I added the fix to http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKA...M_Compatibility but they took it off for some reason.

EDIT: And my bad you have to use NO DMA mode. To do that you hold A. The old DMA Mode doesn't fix it and to use it you hold X.

It was removed purely because it works fine for me and for the other testers.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it does not because this guy tried it and has the same problem as I do. And on my cuzins Acekard 2i it does the same thing. But when I load the Rom with NO DMA then it does not freeze after every chapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1