Hacking other cards's kernel on ttds(i)

• Thread starter sumarth
  • Start date
  • Views 2,634
  • Replies 13
S

sumarth

OP
would it be possible to hack other cards's kernel, such as the supercard dsonei or the ezflashVi to make it run on your tt(i)
it sure would be nice to have all those features

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
sumarth said:
would it be possible to hack other cards's kernel, such as the supercard dsonei or the ezflashVi to make it run on your tt(i)

I was wondering the same, but for the DSTT... I saw something about running AKAIO 1.4.1 on fake DSTT (not "i")... is that true?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
rahxen said:
sumarth said:

I was wondering the same, but for the DSTT... I saw something about running AKAIO 1.4.1 on fake DSTT (not "i")... is that true?

ak2 clone being named as DSTT
smile.gif

Yes! before clones were not blocked
anyway, clones/fake are all blocked on AKAIO 1.5

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
rahxen said:
sumarth said:

smile.gif

why are clones blocked on AKAIO? if AKAIO is an unofficial firmware, why would it have a need to block clones?

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KAge56 said:
elixirdream said:
rahxen said:
sumarth said:

smile.gif

why are clones blocked on AKAIO? if AKAIO is an unofficial firmware, why would it have a need to block clones?
Well mehbe cause it's a unofficial acekard firmware

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiochi Teh Fox said:
Maybeh so clones don't start packaging AKAIO with their cards.
but it's unofficial, what good will that do? they don't make money off the real ones and they won't make money off the fakes ._.
AKAIO will end up on the cart even w/o the seller doing that as long as the person knows of its existence ._.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
KAge56 said:
Kiochi Teh Fox said:
Maybeh so clones don't start packaging AKAIO with their cards.
but it's unofficial, what good will that do? they don't make money off the real ones and they won't make money off the fakes ._.
AKAIO will end up on the cart even w/o the seller doing that as long as the person knows of its existence ._.

Because they don't want clone carts to be able to use, it's that simple.

S

sumarth

OP
some card introduce an rts as a kernel update,
which means you dont need special hardware (like the iplayer has)
to run a rts function
its just that nobody has bothered to make it
so,

either someone can hack other rts cards's kernel to use rts and xtra feartues and great graphics

or

somone can include an rts + other things in a kernel update

or

we can just acknowledge that we are either dont have an extra 10 USD or we are just stupid to buy a tti

me, i bought it from a friend when i knew nothing about flashcarts a few months ago
hate2.gif

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most card generally have the same hardware. Just the software thats different. But I notice that you can flash dstt clone back to life when it has been kill. maybe you can flash that to another kart and it will work as a dstt cartridge.

or if you flash firmware from another flash cart on to the dstt it might work.

have not really tryed it. so can not confirm it.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
sumarth said:
* lots of gibberish edited out

What the hell are you talking about?

QUOTE(Valguerra @ Sep 29 2009, 03:53 AM) most card generally have the same hardware. Just the software thats different. But I notice that you can flash dstt clone back to life when it has been kill. maybe you can flash that to another kart and it will work as a dstt cartridge.

or if you flash firmware from another flash cart on to the dstt it might work.

have not really tryed it. so can not confirm it.

The internals of cards are different, it's not the same hardware in each card. The cards that have the same basic hardware as other cards are usually clones. ie R4i-SDHC (red box) has a similar hardware build to the DSTTi because it's a clone of the DSTTi. And no, flashing that app to cards other than the DSTT will not turn them in DSTTs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...