Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
machomuu said:
Foxi4 said:
You got your asses handed to you at 9/11, you stroke down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger, right at those who would attempt to poison and destroy Your brothers, and They knew His name is the Lord when You layed Your vengeance upon them motha-flippin' Pulp Fiction style. They get it. No point in dwelling. (This is besides the fact that the U.S was clearly asking for this to happen, seeing as they have this nasty habit of being that dude who pops in to parties he wasn't invited to and wrecks them as far as the global order of things is concerned. Parties generally located near the gulf area.)
No...we didn't. Actually, that was simply a failure of security, and 3 planes (one of which crashed into the ground after those inside rebelled) hit 2 buildings (the Pentagon and the World Trade Center). Can't say we really "got are a$$es handed to us". It affected the country and the government emotionally, but for the most part it was just large scale murder and destruction of property, it didn't really affect our forces or political standing.

Psychological warfare is far more destructive than actual weaponery.

The American society knew from that point that when they board a train, when they board a plane, when they stand in the street *they are not safe*. The point wasn't to diminish your political standing. It was to show the U.S that despite its military strenght, fancy gadgets, democracy, security and various other factors, you *cannot* feel safe. Besides, how is destroying two towers mass-murder while a full-scale war and years of economical opression dandy? War's war the way I see it. The fact that it was on your territory doesn't matter.

Sorry but I was never in any Arabic country in my life.
I think you wanted to quote someone else.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This isn't superiority. This is ignorance. You don't know the islamic customs, you don't know who you're dealing with yet you honestly believe that they have been affected because you would if you were them.

EDIT: "Boarded a ticket" lol. I must still be sleepy.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
machomuu said:
Foxi4 said:
You got your asses handed to you at 9/11, you stroke down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger, right at those who would attempt to poison and destroy Your brothers, and They knew His name is the Lord when You layed Your vengeance upon them motha-flippin' Pulp Fiction style. They get it. No point in dwelling. (This is besides the fact that the U.S was clearly asking for this to happen, seeing as they have this nasty habit of being that dude who pops in to parties he wasn't invited to and wrecks them as far as the global order of things is concerned. Parties generally located near the gulf area.)
No...we didn't. Actually, that was simply a failure of security, and 3 planes (one of which crashed into the ground after those inside rebelled) hit 2 buildings (the Pentagon and the World Trade Center). Can't say we really "got are a$$es handed to us". It affected the country and the government emotionally, but for the most part it was just large scale murder and destruction of property, it didn't really affect our forces or political standing.

Psychological warfare is far more destructive than actual weaponery.

The American society knew from that point that when they board a train, when they board a ticket, when they stand in the street *they are not safe*. The point wasn't to diminish your political standing. It was to show the U.S that despite its military strenght, fancy gadgets, democracy, security and various other factors, you *cannot* feel safe.
That's true, but as I said, I wouldn't consider that "getting our a$$es handed to us".

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
actually, i think it's quite necessary to say we got our asses handed to us.
why else would we be so butthurt for 10 years?
and "for the most part it was just a large scale murder and destruction of property."
actually, no it wasn't. it was 9/11.
it didn't affect our forces or political standing besides starting a war in which 4,000 american soldiers have died.
oh yeah, but it's just a murder and destruction of property, no biggie
smileipb2.png

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Shabutie78 said:
machomuu said:
and "for the most part it was just a large scale murder and destruction of property."
it didn't affect our forces or political standing besides starting a war in which 4,000 american soldiers have died.
smileipb2.png

Gulf War:

Kuwaiti civilian losses:
Over 1,000 killed
Iraqi civilian losses:
About 3,664 killed
Other civilian losses:
2 Israeli civilians killed, 230 injured
1 Saudi civilian killed, 65 injured

9/11:

Death(s) Approximately 3,000 (including 19 hijackers)
Injured More than 6,000

...back to where I was, Mr.Osama accomplished in 1 day using a handful of resources similar results to what a coalition of 34 countries achieved in 5 years as far as death toll is concerned, plus they installed fear in half of the globe.

Perhaps it's mass-murder for some of you, but y'know what? Damn well-executed. This is the ping-pong rule. You attack someone - you should expect them to fight back eventually. Ping. Pong.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
machomuu said:
smileipb2.png
Never said it wasn't a big deal, I just wouldn't use that choice of words.
Also, for political standing, I didn't exactly mean that, hough I guess I don't have the words to express what I meant.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
i'm confus.
i'm with you, kid.
machomuu said:
Never said it wasn't a big deal, I just wouldn't use that choice of words.
Also, for political standing, I didn't exactly mean that, hough I guess I don't have the words to express what I meant.
orly?
QUOTE(machomuu @ May 2 2011, 03:34 AM)
whats that means

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
Foxi4 said:
Shabutie78 said:
machomuu said:
smileipb2.png

Gulf War:

Iraqi civilian losses:
About 3,664 killed
Other civilian losses:
2 Israeli civilians killed, 230 injured
1 Saudi civilian killed, 65 injured

9/11:

Death(s) Approximately 3,000 (including 19 hijackers)
Injured More than 6,000

...back to where I was, Mr.Osama accomplished in 1 day using a handful of resources achieved similar results to what a coalition of 34 countries achieved in 5 years.

Perhaps it's mass-murder for some of you, but y'know what? Damn well-executed.
i'm confus.
i'm with you, kid.
Yeah, Foxi. On that last part he was being sarcastic.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
i'm confus.
i'm with you, kid.

I know he was being sarcastic. I'm arguing with calling this "murder". It was retaliation. You can't expect someone to stand down after you destroy the infrastructure of the region they occupate.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
QUOTE said:
i'm confus.
i'm with you, kid.

I know he was sarcastic. I'm arguing with calling this "murder". It was retaliation. You can't expect someone to stand down after you destroy the infrastructure of the region they occupate.
i know. i agree with you. it's our fault, etc etc.
are you really reading my full posts?
tongue.gif

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
AvengerAkashi said:
Rest In Pee
Seriously?

On Topic: While the death of Osama is 'fweaking awesome, hail to the U.S.A' at the current time, I'm not looking forward to the blowback from his followers. While the stories of buried nuclear weapons should be taken with a grain of salt, I really don't doubt that this sort of underground organization would have the capabilities to do some serious carnage again.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Shabutie78 said:
i know. i agree with you. it's our fault, etc etc.
are you really reading my full posts?
tongue.gif

It's more of a continuation of my previous post rather than arguing with yours. The matter needs no argument, afterall. Even a child is taught not to put sticks in an ant's nest or else the ants will get seriously pissed.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
It's more of a continuation of my previous post rather than arguing with yours. The matter needs no argument, afterall. Even a child is taught not to put sticks in an ant's nest or else the ants will get seriously pissed.
in a previous post i called it poking lions with sticks.
great minds think alike. let's be friends i have raccoons in party hats!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
On Topic: While the death of Osama is 'fweaking awesome, hail to the U.S.A' at the current time, I'm not looking forward to the blowback from his followers. While the stories of buried nuclear weapons should be taken with a grain of salt, I really don't doubt that this sort of underground organization would have the capabilities to do some serious carnage again.

That's because people responsible for the American International Affairs policies do not have the capacity to learn or to think like their enemy. They are only capable of sending excessive force to absolutely overwhelm their enemy - that's always been their only tactic.

Whenever someone fights in the far east, America feels the urgent need to resolve the argument. They go into a phone booth, put their Superman uniforms on and become the world's no.1 Police Officer. It's almost like the Justice League, minus the justice, plus the oil.

QUOTEin a previous post i called it poking lions with sticks.
great minds think alike. let's be friends i have raccoons in party hats!

Really? I didn't notice that.

Also, cool, but I'm wearing just the ears. Raccoon ears FTW, Lineage 2 style.

EDIT: Fuuuu... Quote brackets hate me.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
Whenever someone fights in the far east, America feels the urgent need to resolve the argument. They go into a phone booth, put their Superman uniforms on and become the world's no.1 Police Officer. It's almost like the Justice League, minus the justice, plus the oil.
i'm loving this guy
bow.gif

it's like he's saying everything i think of america. but without me having to type it!

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I actually doubt this. He's been running away for years and years and suddenly he is dead..

I dont like him at all, but still..

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:

You can replace "Far East" with multiple regions and it'll just be the US stance for years (not just the past couple of years, but like hundreds of years). We wanted to police South America, we wanted to police southeast/eastern Asia, now it's just the Middle East.

Still, regardless of the war, it's good to see him dead. Now we just need to go down the chain of command and pluck them off.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Theraima said:
I actually doubt this. He's been running away for years and years and suddenly he is dead..

Much like Hitler didn't commit suicide via cyanide capsule and a gunshot to the head.

...because cyanide capsules attack the nervous system instantly, making the victim unable to do much apart from shaking.

In fact, he escaped to Argentina and lived his life happily until death came to reap him. So says the FBI. So doesn't say any history book.

You will know the truth in 50 years, when the FBI feels like releasing the info to the public.

QUOTEStill, regardless of the war, it's good to see him dead. Now we just need to go down the chain of command and pluck them off.

You can't "pluck off" an ideology. Humans can be replaced, ideologies become stronger once they're opposed by someone.

IF instead of waging war, you'd actually BUY the resources you wanted from all the countries you invaded (which would probably be cheaper, seeing how much money you sink into those wars), those countries would flourish by now. They wouldn't have to call you the Devil of the West like they do now. You wouldn't have a National Debt so high that several generations would have to work hard to patch. Perhaps your economy wouldn't be a collosi on clay legs, which blast their femurs into outerspace every now and then when it has to stand on its two feet without support. Thing is, you need enemies. It's built-in to the conciousness of many Americans that They are the Righteous, and whoever thinks otherwise must be put in place, no matter how many resources you waste in the process.

I'm amazed that you even *can* wage wars. Most of U.S citizens live entirely on-credit as of now. Where do you get those carts of tax money ready to be shredded into missles and tanks? Where, I ask?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theraima said:

Watch the news report.

Also, Obama wouldn't lie about this it would ruin his presidency and I'm sure he'll have gathered all the proof he needed before announcing it.

I'm just worried about retaliations. I'm sure they'll be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked