Hacking Original SMG work on an unupdateable Wiikey clone?

cchen326

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty sure I have a wiikey clone which cannot be updated. I constantly get the check connection error and have tried everything on the major forums.

I have tried to run SMG from Prominent and get the illegal device 001 # message and have updated with the patch on it.
Question is I just preordered SMG NTSC US and was wondering if anyone could confirm if the original game would work on a unupdateable wii with a clone wiikey which has already updated with the patch from the SMG prominent release game.

I believe some stores have released the game early so was hoping someone could confirm.

cchen326

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked at a video of how to open it up and it seemed delicate in some parts where I would not want to risk anything by even trying

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii isn't too delicate, just a bunch of small pieces (rubber paddings and buttons) make it seem more delicate than it is.

If you can though, try and get a look at it. I believe most WiiKey clones can still be updated except maybe the absolute worst clones.

cchen326

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. That does not look very safe to do for a newb to do. I had a bad experience opening my PSP to mod the control pad for SF3 alpha max. If I ever meet someone that can open it and not charge I will do it then. Thanks for the help though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*