Original American McGee's Alice coming to consoles

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Classic PC adventure American McGee's Alice is finally coming to consoles, according to the game's creator.

McGee told CVG that retail copies of its forthcoming multiplatform sequel, Alice: Madness Returns, will include a code to download the original game.

"There's also going to be pretty significant release which is the original Alice brought over to the consoles," explained McGee, "so that a person who's purchased Madness Returns gets a download code and is able to bring Alice 1 onto their console and play through the entire original game alongside playing Madness Returns."

He didn't mention whether it would also be available separately from the sequel or whether it's been updated at all. Publisher EA has declined to comment.

American McGee's Alice was a PC-only release back in 2000, winning 8/10 from Eurogamer. Tom Bramwell went hands-on with its belated sequel last month.

"The world of games has moved on a lot in the past 11 years, and we'll need a little more convincing before we believe Alice has learned enough in the meantime," he wrote.

"In other words, Madness Returns looks promising, but you might want to give it a sanity check closer to its 14th June release."
[/p]

Source

Hopefully it'll also be on XBLA and PSN as a separate download but this really made the game a must-have. I'll definitely try to buy it as close to launch as possible.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Ryupower said:
i still have a copy of
American McGee's Alice, with its box

Same, and I'm very happy of this news.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Is this for the HD consoles only?
frown.gif

Yes. PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

QUOTE(gumgod @ Apr 19 2011, 12:27 AM) They should port the original to Wii that would be news.
wink.gif
Still very interesting.

I don't really see why. Mature rated game aimed at a mature audience. Plus I don't think the Wii is the ideal audience for a 10+ year old PC game or its sequel.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
LightyKD said:
Is this for the HD consoles only?
frown.gif

Yes. PC, Xbox 360, and PS3.

QUOTE(gumgod @ Apr 19 2011, 12:27 AM) They should port the original to Wii that would be news.
wink.gif
Still very interesting.

I don't really see why. Mature rated game aimed at a mature audience. Plus I don't think the Wii is the ideal audience for a 10+ year old PC game or its sequel.

Who says the Wii cant have mature games? -_-'

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:

It certainly can but they don't sell well at all. I have a feeling if the game was Wii exclusive it'd kill the series.

Which actually isn't bad since it's THIS close to being absorbed by Tim Burton hipsters who saw his shitfest of a film and think Alice is the darkest thing ever. I've already seen AM's Alice gear at Spencer's and almost threw a fit. I have a feeling this game will be eaten by shit-hipsters and it'll ruin a once great franchise.

I'll buy it of course though.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
LightyKD said:

It certainly can but they don't sell well at all. I have a feeling if the game was Wii exclusive it'd kill the series.

Which actually isn't bad since it's THIS close to being absorbed by Tim Burton hipsters who saw his shitfest of a film and think Alice is the darkest thing ever. I've already seen AM's Alice gear at Spencer's and almost threw a fit. I have a feeling this game will be eaten by shit-hipsters and it'll ruin a once great franchise.

I'll buy it of course though.

Oh no! I think you have me tad bit wrong. I wouldn't want Alice to be Wii exclusive but I wouldn't mind a port of the first game just for the sake of having it. If the game is 10 years old then I'd imagine it would be fairly easy to do a port. A Wii enhanced version of the original with an art book or some tiny extras would be pretty sweet
smile.gif
even if a possible Wii Version was produced in limited quantities.

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya know, if memory serves me correctly...wasn't the original MG's Alice also available on PS2?

And as for that hipster comment; as a proud Spencers Employee, I take offense to you assuming all of our customers are lame ass HT shopping newfags that have no idea what dark is. Plus, It's friggin Posters and Shit that are otherwise unavailable to folks like me who don't like doing too much online shopping. I was over-enthused when we got AMA merch in stock. but that's just me I guess.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
I spoke to EA Games on the phone and they are claiming to be unaware of this interview he did. The man I spoke to was really helpful and he said he is firing off a number of emails as he thinks the information out there is ambiguous. He said that the only way to get the original Alice as well is to buy the whole thing as a digital download from EA Games as 'Alice: Madness Returns™ - The Complete Collection' He also said that it is unlikely that the original Alice would be anything other than a PC version regardless of whether or not you purchase the xbox, PS3 or PC version. It completely contradicts the American McGee interview in CVG.

He spoke to numerous people, it was a long call and all said that the only thing you get if you preorder a hard copy is a code to a download of the audiotrack.

I hope he is wrong but I suspect not.

EDIT: The follow up to this is that they have now emailed me, and surprise surprise, changed their mind! They now claim that the hard copys of the console versions WILL contain a download of a console version of Alice 1 (as they are calling it). After insisting yesterday that it would not.
rolleyes.gif

But hard copys of the PC version will not contain such a code or a hard copy of Alice 1. So the only way for PC users to get a copy of both Alice 1 and Alice 2 is as they told me yesterday. To pay extra and buy 'Alice: Madness Returns™ - The Complete Collection' as a completely digital download from EA games. So if you want a PC hard copy of Alice: Madness Returns and you want the download of Alice 1 you have to pay twice, totalling nearly 100 dollars. I hate you EA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?