Hacking Ordering from DealExtreme

DragoonC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a quick question. So I bought a R4i for me and my friend which both didn't work so it's safe to say that it's complete garbage. Tried anything from older firmware's and what have you but I've decided to take it back to the store. Now, I was thinking of getting an Acekard 2.1i from DealExtreme. But just do be safe I want to ask if it is 100% sure that the flashcard reader and Acekard 2.1i will work on my PAL DSlite as well as the reader?

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

For DSlite you should get the Acekard 2.1, as there's no such thing as an Acekard 2.1i! Also, it works with absolutely no problems on a PAL DSlite.

DragoonC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Takeshi said:
For DSlite you should get the Acekard 2.1, as there's no such thing as an Acekard 2.1i! Also, it works with absolutely no problems on a PAL DSlite.

Allright, then it is an Acekard 2.1! I can't believe how much cheaper it is from that site. Here in Sweden they cost around 60$. And thanks for the quick answer!

hackermatt1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well, the acekard 2i works for all 3 nintendo ds's, but even so, i'd get the acekard 2.1, since it's a little cheeper than the ackeard 2i, eather way, yeah it'll work fine, dealsextream is my main scourse for anything modding related

DragoonC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Allright. Actually I think I'll go with 2i (it's a bit newer?) and since they cost around 60$ here i still save money so I could as well go for the best flash card. Also any suggestions of what flashcard reader I should get?

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DragoonC said:
Allright. Actually I think I'll go with 2i (it's a bit newer?) and since they cost around 60$ here i still save money so I could as well go for the best flash card. Also any suggestions of what flashcard reader I should get?

xD i got a red box r4i and it works great for me, but i prefer acekard 2
wink.gif
btw if you dont have a dsi get a acekard2.1 because the 2i uses the same firmware as the acekard 2.1

EDIT: Btw the acekard 2i and the acekard 2.1 are not the best flashcard, currently the cyclods is the best for ds/ds lite. Once the cyclodsi comes out, it'll probably be way better
biggrin.gif

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bach3609 said:
DragoonC said:

xD i got a red box r4i and it works great for me, but i prefer acekard 2
wink.gif
btw if you dont have a dsi get a acekard2.1 because the 2i uses the same firmware as the acekard 2.1

EDIT: Btw the acekard 2i and the acekard 2.1 are not the best flashcard, currently the cyclods is the best for ds/ds lite. Once the cyclodsi comes out, it'll probably be way better
biggrin.gif

A clear example: Ignorance at it's best!

1. R4i is a clone. Did you expect it to be better than the AK2?
2. CycloDS may have RTS and In-Game guide, but that's another 30-40 bucks out of your wallet. RTS is for people who can't see the "save" button in Phoenix Wright.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duck.jpg

I'd personally recommend just getting the Acekard 2i because it doesn't cost much more and if you ever decide you want to upgrade to the DSi ever you won't need to buy yet another flashcart. Acekard 2i works on all DS models, not just the DSi.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
but the ak2i has been shipping with contact issues, msd seat issues, msd slot issues, and msd spring issues. i know more than a few people who had the msd slot just die and/or the spring break to a point it can't be repaired. also you read so often on many forums about people who have contact issues. either the cart is not recognized or the msd isn't recognized and the firmware freezes at "loading...". i've never experienced these issues with any of my 2.1s. i still say if you don't have the dsi get the 2.1. if you get a dsi its another $15 later in life to get an "i" linker. by then, hopefully, the dsi mode will be open and true "dsi" flash linkers will be available.

-another world

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
but the ak2i has been shipping with contact issues, msd seat issues, msd slot issues, and msd spring issues. i know more than a few people who had the msd slot just die and/or the spring break to a point it can't be repaired. also you read so often on many forums about people who have contact issues. either the cart is not recognized or the msd isn't recognized and the firmware freezes at "loading...". i've never experienced these issues with any of my 2.1s. i still say if you don't have the dsi get the 2.1. if you get a dsi its another $15 later in life to get an "i" linker. by then, hopefully, the dsi mode will be open and true "dsi" flash linkers will be available.

-another world

summary of what aw said:
if you're planning to get a dsi, get the 2i. If you're not, don't, because maybe in the future more stable/better "i" carts will be out there.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*shrugs* I'm just glad i got a good Acekard 2i.
I might get a DSi but I'm sticking with my DSLite for now and a couple bucks didn't kill me.
smile.gif
DealExtreme is a good service for me so far.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I haven't really had any problems with DX, I can't say their service is too professional. I asked if they were gonna carry the M3i, and the person who responded didn't even know when it was gonna be released.
tongue.gif
But he said that they would carry it, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see for that...

DragoonC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Allright, I returned to my store which took a look at my R4i and they said that they've fixed it. I just got back home and tried to move the folders into my memory card again, but with the same result. Is this something that often happens? Because I was thinking of maybe skipping a 2.1 for a M3i, but what if it won't take my memory card aswell?

Considering that I would have to order it online I don't want to wait and get a card that won't work on me. There seem to be some people recommending CycloDS, Acekard 2.1 and M3i, so I don't know which one to choose, which one has the most features and support and which on that is most unlikely to not run games or break down.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
DragoonC said:
Allright, I returned to my store which took a look at my R4i and they said that they've fixed it. I just got back home and tried to move the folders into my memory card again, but with the same result. Is this something that often happens? Because I was thinking of maybe skipping a 2.1 for a M3i, but what if it won't take my memory card aswell?

Considering that I would have to order it online I don't want to wait and get a card that won't work on me. There seem to be some people recommending CycloDS, Acekard 2.1 and M3i, so I don't know which one to choose, which one has the most features and support and which on that is most unlikely to not run games or break down.

if you have no intention to upgrade from DSL to DSi
then just get either cycloDS, ak2.1 or M3 real
there isn't any different between m3i and m3 real

which to get?that depends on what you want?
is value added feature like RTS, slow motion, wii connectivity important for you?
if yes, get cycloDS

if you are those who eats with how beautiful a menu can be (surpisingly many of them live and die of how good sakura is - one of the m3 firmware) then go for m3
yeah m3 comes with features like RTS but overall features are not as good as cycloDS

last but not least
ak2..(it doesn't have those value added features as mentioned)
why get ak2? because AKAIO (custom firmware for acekard) is AWESOME
tongue.gif

It provides you frequent updates, good rom compatibility and nice cheat engine from AKAIO
smile.gif

DragoonC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:

if you have no intention to upgrade from DSL to DSi
then just get either cycloDS, ak2.1 or M3 real
there isn't any different between m3i and m3 real

which to get?that depends on what you want?
is value added feature like RTS, slow motion, wii connectivity important for you?
if yes, get cycloDS

if you are those who eats with how beautiful a menu can be (surpisingly many of them live and die of how good sakura is - one of the m3 firmware) then go for m3
yeah m3 comes with features like RTS but overall features are not as good as cycloDS

last but not least
ak2..(it doesn't have those value added features as mentioned)
why get ak2? because AKAIO (custom firmware for acekard) is AWESOME
tongue.gif

It provides you frequent updates, good rom compatibility and nice cheat engine from AKAIO
smile.gif

Oh, this is a tough one. The money isn't the issue considering that I have about 60$ to spend so I should be able to affoard anyone of them. However, my main concern is that I want a card that looks nice, plays 100% of the homebrew and new releases, plays local wi-fi and are not bound to get corrupted or crash like my R4i did. Which one is the least likely to get outdated in a near future?

Is Cyclo DS Evo my card or the mysterious Acekard 2.1 AKAIO?

hackermatt1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well you have nothing to worry about, the cyclo ds is prolly the finest ds lite flashkart out their, but its too expensive for me, and the acekard 2.1, is what i have, and i love it dearly. if you have the money to spend i'd get the cyclo, since it's AMAZING features liek in game guides, real time save, soft reset, in game options, and SOOOOO many other extra features that no other ds flashkart haz, however, only get it if you plan on using em, if you don't, get to acekard, since its a amazing flashkart, and will never go obsolete for ds lite

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
60?
just get BOTH
smile.gif

i will not further elaborate but suggesting you go browse around the forum
lots of comparison
lots of pros and cons
so it will help you on your decision

by the way, i don't homebrew so i can't answer your Question
smile.gif

however, i will stick with ak2 and pray team AKAIO would never give up hope on us

DragoonC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Allright! I'm ordering a CycloDS Evo for 50$ since it's seems to still be the best card around and I seemingly won't have any problems running future games I buy as well. Also the slowmotion feature is really ace when it comes to games such as Contra
wink.gif

Thanks for the great help! Superb forum I must say!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-