OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I did some searching through the first few pages but did not find any info for this particular question.

Does the DSone have its own GUI for Slot-2 devices (thus allowing me to just drag n drop GBA backups to my slot 2 instead of using the slot-2's writing software), or does it simply boot to the native GUI on the Slot-2 itself?

Thanks for your help, you guys have always had the answers for me through the years!!!
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can select (clean?) GBA files from the SCDS menu, and they will be loaded into the slot-2 Supercard's RAM and run. However, when you do this you cannot save the game. Due to this, you'd be better off simply using the old slot-2 menu and the old patched games.

Also, just for the record, never set the Supercard patcher to output directly to your memory card, as this is known to cause corruption problems. Output to a folder on your hard drive and copy them over manually.

ciama81

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can select (clean?) GBA files from the SCDS menu, and they will be loaded into the slot-2 Supercard's RAM and run.  However, when you do this you cannot save the game.  Due to this, you'd be better off simply using the old slot-2 menu and the old patched games.

Also, just for the record, never set the Supercard patcher to output directly to your memory card, as this is known to cause corruption problems.  Output to a folder on your hard drive and copy them over manually.

I'll keep note of that, thanks. I'm getting a new iMac so maybe I'll hold onto my slot-2 (G-6 Lite) and load one good set of gba backups from windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte