ORAS .sav Decryption w/o Bin Files

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by red_kashmir, Nov 5, 2016.

1. red_kashmir
    OP

red_kashmir Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    United States
    Evening guys.

I was restarting my other Omega Ruby cartridge to redeem some event codes, but one night I got really tired and accidentally deleted my Alpha Sapphire digital copy, which was my main file. I was using KeySAVe to read my save files and luckily I have some recent .sav files, but is this enough?

Some information; I was being really stupid and I actually deleted my Alpha Sapphire digital copy because I thought I couldn't get past some modified sav files I was playing around (but it seemed like it didn't matter too much because it kept loading to the corruption error upon opening the game). Obviously I eventually found out if I just delete the corrupted file like I usually did with those hard resets for the event Pokemon, I can get past that.

The reason why I bring this up is because I have never decrypted those .sav files. I've heard that as long as I did not hard reset and delete my whole 3DS (which I haven't!) it's still possible to grab the bin file and then use some tools to decrypt the .sav file into a main file and have JKSM to import the save, as the bin header is created by the 3DS device and not the game itself.

I'm on 11.1.0.34 US NinjHax on the new3ds.

Basically the end goal is for me to restore my Poke's from my old .sav file. I would love for it to stick on my digital save, update my firmware, and bank my Pokemon from this ever happening again. I'm also open to any other option of trying to get my Pokemon from that .sav file and banking those lost Poke's as well.

Thanks in advanced for any tips!
    red_kashmir.

2. ShadowWolfHaxX

ShadowWolfHaxX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    This should be possible as you are just importing a decrypted sav into the digital copy

3. red_kashmir
    OP

red_kashmir Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    United States
    Morning ShadowWolfHaxX!

But would you know if getting the .sav file into the main file (encrypted .sav to decrypted main) is possible with just the 3DS information? I have never decrypted that .sav file ever.

4. ShadowWolfHaxX

ShadowWolfHaxX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    I don't know about this. Srry