Gaming ORAS Good IV Ditto

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've started searching for Ditto with really good IV's. I know about pokegen and website where you can apply and get one shiny japanese Ditto with 6 IV's but I assume using it, means your baby Pokemon will be still hacked and I don't want to use hacked pokemons in online experience. So, I've heard that you can chain ditto in ORAS and got few questions about it.

1.) I'm searching for a ditto with dexnav and suddenly ditto appears in grass which wasn't detected by my searches (I didn't clicked on search) and if i encounter or defeat that ditto, dexnav resets. I guess this broke my chain, right?

2.) Same situation as in question above but this time some other pokemon appears in grass. Does this breaks chain also? How can I avoid situations like that?

Also I've heard that it's possible to obtain good IV ditto in V gen of pokemon (W/B, W2/B2). It's called something like RNG abuse (can't remember exactly). Is that method easier that Dexnav and how do i do it?

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using hacked Dittos to breed do not produce hacked offspring to most people. I don't think that any data on the parents is stored with a Pokemon, so there is nothing to worry about in that sense.
Also, the chain is actually difficult to break, in my experience. Usually, your chain is fine, just continue going.
If you want a ditto for breeding, try /r/breedingdittos and if one's not enough for you /r/morebreedingdittos has you covered. These are hacked, but as I said, offspring are considered legit, usually.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmm so you're saying that using hacked Ditto won't affect legitimately of breeded pokemon? What about if I use 2 hacked pokemons to breed? Baby will be also allowed to use in competative play?

yodamerlin

Bok bok.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Competitive as in online, or competitive as in go to event?
The Pokemon themselves would be considered legit, if they would be achievable normally. Can't have Pokemon with incorrect abilities. But as for physical events, they can run your cartridge to check for cheating. Most people use a cartridge specifically for these events.
As for online, go ham! These will be fine to use for breeding as they produce legit offspring.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
''But as for physical events, they can run your cartridge to check for cheating. ''

What do you mean by that? So I can for example have 2 copies of game and on one breed with Ditto and these breeded pokemons transfer to other cartridge and it will be fine?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hmm so you're saying that using hacked Ditto won't affect legitimately of breeded pokemon? What about if I use 2 hacked pokemons to breed? Baby will be also allowed to use in competative play?
it would be fine as long as you put it "under rules"
for best effects i would say, get a ditto normally and just edit the iv's
if chain data is stored (i don0t think it is) make it a high value so it looks like you worked for it
i would avoid making it shiny so it wouldn't be too obvious..
use your own ditto and just edit the IV's, this way you wouldn't make mistakes like caught it on pallet town or something

PS: IIRC theese recent tools got "competitive" or "multiplayer" verification, so you will be warned if there is something wrong with your pokemon that will prevent from using them online

Last edited by migles,

peroxidex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks.

Did anyone got warned already?

If you're that worried and going to lose sleep over it, don't use the Ditto. You can Pokegen legit Pokemon to be used in tournaments, I'm unsure why everyone here is beating around the bush and not giving you straight answers. If you do things correctly, there is no way to tell Pokegen vs caught.

Assuming you make it to a tournament, assuming all your Pokemon have been created 'legit' and you haven't done anything stupid to the save or items, you will pass all checks. Even if you have a hacked Pokemon in your bank, I doubt they would say anything and even if they did, "I received it on Wondertrade/friend/etc!" As for the warnings, it's not an actual warning system implemented by Nintendo or TPC, they are third party tools to ensure your Pokegen Pokemon will pass the trade/tournament checks.

Honestly, you'd have to be pretty stupid or careless to not make 'legit' Pokemon.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well yea, this was quiet right answer. I'm not creating some beasts instead of pokemons. My all pokemons were created by abilities which they can have + they were breeded in game. Also another fun fact is that in my country no one ever hosted any kind of Pokemon tournament, so I guess i will never play on one. I just like online competitions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!