Option to remove rating systems in Blogs

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Crystal the Glaceon, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Crystal the Glaceon
    OP

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    I noticed the Blogs have a rating system, which isn't that bad of an idea, but is rather inappropriate sometimes.
    What I mean is, a blog about a serious situation or about something really personal, such a blog about finding out something tragic (like a death in the family or finding out you or someone you know has cancer,) really shouldn't be rated for it's quality.
    Which is reason I would like to suggest to option to remove rating systems from selected blog entries or even removing as a whole from your own blog.

2 people like this.
  2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    TBH the ratings hardly matter, we know someone just gives 1/5 every time but it doesn't matter.

It's a superficial rating that adds nothing. Although really this could easily mean that A) we shouldn't care about how people vote on it or B) it shouldn't have existed in the first place.

2 people like this.
  3. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    You make a good point. The rating system can seem a tad inappropriate sometimes in the Blogs section.

Rating are amusing in the EOF though...

4. Crystal the Glaceon
    OP

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    That still doesn't excuse the matter that it is often done at rather inappropriate times. Even if someone doesn't normally care about the rating system of the blog, it wouldn't change the fact that no one wants to make a blog about something like their family member died and some jerk came along and gave their blog one star just to be a jerk. This the reason for an option to remove it.
    There are options to to not allow comments, lock the blog entry, and even delete the blog entry, there should be an option to disable the rating system.

1 person likes this.
  5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Does anyone really take them seriously in the first place? I don't think it would even be worth the time and effort to get rid of them.

2 people like this.
  6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well no offense but you just need to toughen up. The internet is full of dicks who will immediately downvote or give a negative rating to something regardless of the subject matter. I realize this and I hardly count them towards serious offenses. I mean for something as serious as a family member dying, you shouldn't really care about it as much as the subject at hand. If someone went in the comments and said something horrible like "They deserved it" or "HAHA SUX 4 U" then yeah, that's one thing, but an irrelevant rating is another.

However I would just not see the point in having the rating system as it's entirely pointless. No one really looks at their blog and goes "OH NO A 1/5". It's just fluff.

7. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Cathboy, I just gave your blog one star because of this thread.

3 people like this.
  8. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    you guys don't have to be a jerk about it...

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    people still read blogs on here?

10. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Yes, yes we do.