Apple Opinions on the upcoming 6.x jailbreak?

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Will you jailbreak your device with evasi0n? Why or why not?

2) What will you take advantage of with this jailbreak? e.g. Tweaks/Apps/etc. (not promoting piracy)

Personally, I will jailbreak my iPad. I'd like it for tweaks and other emulators (GBA Emu, etc.)
Evasi0n is an upcoming untethered iOS 6.0/6.0.1/6.0.2/6.1 Jailbreak for the iPad 2, 3, and 4, iPod touch 4G and 5G, iPad mini, the iPhone 5, 4S, and 4, and the Apple TV (1 and 2).

EDIT: Evasi0n is now out! Click on the website below to obtain download links for your corresponding OS.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will jailbreak my iPhone 4. I want it for the gba and other emulators plus I want some themes from DreamBoard. So many themes and tweaks I want :).
OS X Lion Ultimatum running on iOS 6.1 anyone?

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I have a 4S that's jailbroken on 5.1.1 with SHSHs backed up, there's no way I'll be using evasi0n. iOS 6.x doesn't allow you to "re-restore" like iOS 5.x does thanks to a choice exploit. Also, since iOS 6 really doesn't offer much of anything over iOS 5 (in fact, it actually removes a few nice features, or horribly mutilates them), there's no motivation to update, anyways.

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably go for the plunge. I had a jailbroken ip4 and absolutely adored MyWi (a tethering app). Ever since I got my ip5, I've missed my tether tremendously.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i will just to get a hold of the few apps that aren't available for us poor aussies (pandora radio app for example is not available in australia)

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It can be if you do not own the games. Doesn't really make sense to say "I don't condone piracy" when GBAtemp is flooded with threads of piracy.

I'm not against piracy, just sayin'... I have the entire GBA catalogue on my Pc actually... I was only poiting that statement, it can easily make a missunderstanding.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If it will let me JB my IP5, I'm going ahead. It's not about piracy (I never pirated for long on iPad, since I either delete them or end up buying them), and I've never really done much tweaking (although I probably would start for my IP5). It's about the homebrew that lets me play games normally unavailable (e.g. translated VNs).

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it will let me JB my IP5, I'm going ahead. It's not about piracy (I never pirated for long on iPad, since I either delete them or end up buying them), and I've never really done much tweaking (although I probably would start for my IP5). It's about the homebrew that lets me play games normally unavailable (e.g. translated VNs).
Yes the new evasi0n jailbreak will work on all devices capable of running iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1. This means it works on: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 5G, iPad Mini, iPad 4 (all other iOS 6 ipads), Apple TV 1, and Apple TV 2.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My iPhone 3GS is jailbroken and still on iOS 5.1.1. I'll update it to 6.1 when the evasi0n untethered jailbreak is released just because there won't be any reason not to.

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
definitely! My opinion, MyWi is reason enough. All that other stuff is icing on the cake

edit: Done. Start to finish, about 5 minutes. (which, coincidentally, is what their website said)

edit 2: Cydia isn't working very well at the moment (possibly overloaded by newly jailbroken devices). I can't get to my account or download anything at the moment.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit 2: Cydia isn't working very well at the moment (possibly overloaded my newly jailbroken devices). I can't get to my account or download anything at the moment.
Cydia isn't working well for anyone right now. Both my 6.1 and 5.1.1 devices are having trouble communicating with Cydia because of the server overload. The problem isn't your end.

Reactions: thebsharp

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be updating my 3GS on 4.3.3. I love the SBSettings, my current Bluebird Winterboard theme, and a few other Cydia tweaks. Plus I would like to update a few apps that requires me to be on ios5.

The Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be if you do not own the games. Doesn't really make sense to say "I don't condone piracy" when GBAtemp is flooded with threads of piracy.

I was intending that to refer to downloading paid apps/in-app add-ons for free.

definitely! My opinion, MyWi is reason enough. All that other stuff is icing on the cake

edit: Done. Start to finish, about 5 minutes. (which, coincidentally, is what their website said)

edit 2: Cydia isn't working very well at the moment (possibly overloaded by newly jailbroken devices). I can't get to my account or download anything at the moment.

Cydia has been under heavy overload. Saurik just made an update on Cydia's home page that he re-coded almost everything and it took about 19 hours. Cydia's licensing/purchasing system is having issues as well; all will be fixed in a matter of time.

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any risks with the carrier if you jailbreak your iPhone? I know it'll void the warranty but what else could happen? Also, could you just restore the phone if you need to take it into the shop? Sorry about all the questions. I've searched far and wide and haven't been able to get any straight answers. Thanks :)

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any risks with the carrier if you jailbreak your iPhone? I know it'll void the warranty but what else could happen? Also, could you just restore the phone if you need to take it into the shop? Sorry about all the questions. I've searched far and wide and haven't been able to get any straight answers. Thanks :)

Not only can a carrier not really detect that you're jailbroken unless you're doing something shady (like tethering your cellular data without their consent), they really don't even care.
If you need to take your iPhone in for repairs, you can restore it and remove all traces of your jailbreak. Note that if you restore from a back-up made while your device was jailbroken, a few settings files for jailbreak tweaks might have been backed up and will be restored to your device. These will be undetectable to almost any repair shop, and will have absolutely no impact on how your device functions. They're essentially text files. They do nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...