OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
theretrogamer.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to get my 3DS really soon and I'm curious to know, how is the 3D in general? I've heard many things about it like it's good, it's okay, and it's not that great. I'm about to head out to my Best Buy to try to see the 3DS for myself, but I want to know your opinions. How great is the 3D? Is it high quality? Not that great? Can't see it at all? I'd like to know. I'll try to post my reactions about it once I try it out.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
VGMaster64 said:
I'm about to get my 3DS really soon and I'm curious to know, how is the 3D in general? I've heard many things about it like it's good, it's okay, and it's not that great. I'm about to head out to my Best Buy to try to see the 3DS for myself, but I want to know your opinions. How great is the 3D? Is it high quality? Not that great? Can't see it at all? I'd like to know. I'll try to post my reactions about it once I try it out.

If you haven't tried it out already, then understand this one simple fact. The slider is there so you can adjust the focal point. If one setting, like max, doesn't work for you, slide it down however much is needed so you can see it more clearly. Too many people have complained that they couldn't see the effect when they themselves did not even try to adjust it.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Think of it as looking into a Viewmaster without having to hold it up to your eyes.
Just really cool 3d
(Viewmaster for those who don't know is one of those kids toys that look something like binoculars with a round disk with pictures on it
that when inserted you click the slide on the side and rotate 3D pictures that you can view through the lenses.)

bigpaws said:
could you give me insight to how the 3d appears? i would think it would appear as solid objects but any insight?

D

Deleted User

bigpaws said:
could you give me insight to how the 3d appears? i would think it would appear as solid objects but any insight?
It's pretty hard to describe. It does seem solid, though.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3D... Mind-blowing. It differs from person to person though, so what I see may be slightly different from what you see.

I can't describe how cool it is though.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea the 3D is pretty sweet.
smile.gif

At least for me...

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3D is like looking into a window of the happenings, it provides a nice amount of depth. The one problem I think I noticed with it when playing Super street fighter 4 was that the background looked painted. I know it is but the 3D caused it to stand out more, like a background at a highschool play would stand out.

A personal problem I had with it was that I couldn't get the sweet spot right when it was far away. An Usually had it when it was up to my face.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
BrightNeko said:
The 3D is like looking into a window of the happenings, it provides a nice amount of depth. The one problem I think I noticed with it when playing Super street fighter 4 was that the background looked painted. I know it is but the 3D caused it to stand out more, like a background at a highschool play would stand out.

A personal problem I had with it was that I couldn't get the sweet spot right when it was far away. An Usually had it when it was up to my face.
are there only depth 3d options?

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KingVamp said:
aminemaster said:
are there only depth 3d options?

Are you asking can it do pop out 3D then yes, but it determine by dev.
cool
i just saw how 3d is like with the psp 3d plugin(bbs looks like 0.0 with it, dissidia 012 in some places too)
unfortunately i have to wait until the 1st to get it -.-
*downloads some neat ds games to make waiting easier*

VGMaster64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
theretrogamer.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Just got back from Target. They didn't have it at Best Buy, so I drove around till I found a display. My first thoughts... I'm amazed. Though it's not the kind of 3D that pops out right in your face, it's something you have to see to believe. Like what Bright Neko said, it's like looking into a window. There are some things I didn't like about it though. It's not a major issue or anything, but it's with the idea of the gyroscope. If you were to move around a lot, you'll lose the eye magic, but it really depends on who's playing. If you were in my shoes I was holding the 3DS very still and I enjoyed every minute of it. I could see it a minor problem, but if you hold the system still, then there shouldn't be any problem.

I was kind of disappointed that they didn't have any other games set up like Street Fighter IV 3D. They only had Pilotwings Resort. I was kind of upset, but after playing a bit of it on Free Flight, I really enjoyed it. I had a blast until a family told me to get out of they way and let their kids play. I was on for about 30 minutes when I checked my cell phone for the time...

All in all the 3D was pretty good, but it's really easy to lose that sweet spot when you're moving the system around. Just hold the 3DS still and you're good to go.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If you start your camera in 2D mode, then switch 3D on, you lose a little resolution.
Watch the corners of your screen and you'll see what I mean.

I didn't expect to see the 3D effect, but it does work and is pretty cool.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to try out pilot wings to see if it has that play like background feel I explained. An.. TO EXPERIENCE MORE 3DS OF COURSE!!! So does pilot wings resort hold up to the first two or do you not know having not played them? Being a demo I doubt it has this feature but can you walk about the resort island? I really wanted to do that in wii sports resort and was mad I couldn't =(

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
BrightNeko said:
I want to try out pilot wings to see if it has that play like background feel I explained. An.. TO EXPERIENCE MORE 3DS OF COURSE!!! So does pilot wings resort hold up to the first two or do you not know having not played them? Being a demo I doubt it has this feature but can you walk about the resort island? I really wanted to do that in wii sports resort and was mad I couldn't =(
you can do that in wii fit.

I'm playing some pilotwings right now, the clouds look like they're just "painted" on the sky as you describe, but the island itself and everything look real.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
If you start your camera in 2D mode, then switch 3D on, you lose a little resolution.
Watch the corners of your screen and you'll see what I mean.

I didn't expect to see the 3D effect, but it does work and is pretty cool.
Only if you start at 2D mode right? No loss when you turn it on already 3D?

random question- How you liking the 3DS?
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...