Opinions for D.I.Y.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Njrg, Apr 9, 2010.

Apr 9, 2010

Opinions for D.I.Y. by Njrg at 12:31 AM (1,688 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Njrg
    OP

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    Does anyone here except me feel that the new WarioWare isn't as fun as the old one?

The new batch of minigames seem and feel more simpler/cheaper that the ones from WWTouch. A good majority are just touch the right space at the right time. Theres no drawing, dragging, spinning, or microphone games the last one had, and to extend the game's replay value, it doesn't offer you neat little gadgets/minigames. It just makes you spend 15 or more minutes drawing a template for a 3-5 second micro game.

Or am I the only one that thought the old one was better?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The purpose of this game is to make your own microgames and share them. I'm actually surprised they included a fair amount of games of their own.
    Dragging, rubbing, etc. would be too hard for people to code in when making their games.
    My only complaint is that there are no more "levels" of difficulty (remember after a boss stage, the games would become more difficult and different slightly, not just faster).

3. Njrg
    OP

United States
    So you're not denying that Touch was funner... ;D

4. Mario92

Member Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    I was actually thinking the same [​IMG]
    They could have at least make also microphone support (blow mic -> do this) and wouldn't be harder to make than tapping. There are mic testing on options already!

5. Njrg
    OP

United States
    Though I do admit that the wifi feature to download developer content is the only feature that's better than Touch.

6. andychs

Newcomer andychs Member

Singapore
    i prefer WW-Touch, this one slightly boring....

game creations just takes too much time (didn't even bother learning)

waiting a day for a new set of games is a total waste of time

plus the information given now is a bit more vague.

and the boss stages tend to be the easiest imho....

7. Maplemage

Member Maplemage ಠ_ಠ

Antarctica
    If they made warioware touched 2 ONLINE! now that would be fun.... like you vs other people on minigames just like smooove moves multiplayer mode, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] would that be fun? would anyone agree with me?

8. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    I think it's really boring to be honest.

9. Blue Protoman

Member Blue Protoman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You guys seriously lack creativity. For me, the game is nothing short of spectacular.

10. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    The games are intentionally kept simple so that (with the exception of the boss stages) they can all be made and edited with the in-game game maker. Granted, the game maker could use more features and flexibility and the Wi-Fi could be much better, which is something I hope they'd improve if they ever make a sequel, but if you are not prepared to play with the editors then this game isn't for you.

11. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I think D.I.Y is amazing, the ability to make my own games and download other mini games from other users is great, it feels like they finally did it right! I beat the first Wario game for the DS and was upset because that was it, no more stuff to do except record beating (Woooo! I beat my old record -.-) and that gets boring fast, now I made so many of my own mini games that I can keep my self entertained with those alone, plus there are built in games. I think WarioWare D.I.Y creams WarioWare Touched.

12. Blue Protoman

Member Blue Protoman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I went into WWDIY fully expecting to use the editors in-game. Well, the game editor. I've hardly touched the comic or record creators, though I DID create one comic.

13. Njrg
    OP

United States
    Oh no, I get the whole "You're supposed to create thing"

I'm just saying it kinda sucks, and is pretty boring. I'm just saying I'm disappointed with the lack of fun with the games. "Make your own games" is just nothing more than drawing/editing a few sprites to a template to me. I mean yes, its pretty cool that that you can share what you make, but the games you're "making" just suck in comparison to the games I had a blast with in Touch. Even the golden "Developer" and Nintendo games were horrible." Was I the only person playing WWTouched that played Unroll the toilet paper over 9000 times just because I wanted to unroll toilet paper? Out of all the pre existing games, created games, and download games, you get nothing more than a little light dragging and "Touch here" games. WWTouched had themes. Touch games, drag/draw games, timing games, mic games, rapid motion games. And you can go on and on about "They had to keep them simple for our sake" but thats no excuse why the Nintendo Games could of been fun while keeping the custom ones simple. And it didn't help that there were no new "Ashley" songs. I was excited to unlock Ashley because I was waiting for a hot beat.

Plus spending 15+ minutes drawing up a 5 second game gets pretty old pretty fast.

14. JBW

Member JBW GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The only real bad part of this game for me was the lack of dragging and rubbing. But im still really happy they included the music and comic making.

15. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    It gets pretty boring quick. [​IMG]

16. Njrg
    OP

United States
    RUBBING!

That was the genre I was missing!

17. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Whatever type of entertainment you can think of the likelihood is that the creators put several more times the effort into its creation than the effort it takes to enjoy it. Since this game is designed to encourage the players to be creative to enjoy the game, you obviously won't like it very much if you can't be bothered to put in the effort.

Not saying that you should force yourself to enjoy the game, since it clearly doesn't appeal to everyone, but now you are just dismissing the game off-hand without even exploring the real meat. From your post it seems you didn't even touch the editor beyond simply editing sprites for pre-made games.

18. alukadoo

Member alukadoo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you stop playing it for a year, it will be fun again.