Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
juegos-no-anunciadosrumores_86283_post.jpg

In an interview with Nintendo Power, Eiji Aonuma said:

"It's been 13 years since Ocarina of Time was originally released, and one of the big things that we made this remake possible was that there was an outpour of emotions from people who said they would like to see this game done. We said we could do it in 3D, so we did. I think certainly if there was a similar output of emotion and clamor from fans for a remake of Majora's Mask, it wouldn't be an utter impossibility."

Essentially, Eiji stated there has been such an out cry for an Ocarina of Time remake that it was the leading factor in deciding it's creation and would again be the main factor in Majora's Mask 3D becoming a reality. Hence, Operation Moonfall, an attempt to show Nintendo loud and clear the desire for Majora's Mask on the 3DS.

It should be noted that Operation Moonfall in no way is here to encourage Nintendo to slow down the creation of a brand new Zelda title for the 3DS, but rather to encourage the creation of Majora's Mask 3D along side of the new project to fill the gap between releases.

For those not aware, the DS Zelda team was working on Skyward Sword and likely hasn't even started production on a new 3DS title. This means a 3DS title is at least 2 years away, if not 3. Nintendo will want to ensure their very first Zelda 3DS title is spot on, so chances are the DS team from Nintendo EAD will be heading up that project. This leaves the Grezzo team potentially available to work on Majora's Mask per Nintendo's request.

Of course, Grezzo could work with Nintendo EAD to create the next game, but we're being a tad realistic here. 2 to 3 years without a Zelda title could get tiresome, especially when Majora's Mask 3D is so easy to create. The original Majora's Mask was made in just under 2 years, and this time around is no different. The game already exists, and the graphical overhaul is already complete. It just needs to be implemented.

So how can you show Nintendo that you want this game? For starters you can show your simplest form of support by following Operation Moonfall on Twitter or Facebook. The bigger these groups get, the more attention they will receive from Nintendo.[/p]
Source @ ZeldaInformer

Follow Operation Moonfall on Twitter, Facebook and as an online petition!

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Not sure a petition is really necessary, but i do like the name "Operation Moonfall"
tongue.gif

Given a big chunk of the textures and code are already remade thanks to OoT it wouldn't be nearly as big a job as remaking OoT to 3DS (not saying it would be easy either though...)

I cannot see any reason not to do it, afterall it ends up bringing more money to nintendo/grezzo soo why not?

I'd buy it
smile.gif

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
C'mon, he say, "maybe", they're getting big sales with Ocarina of Time 3D, also it's too soon for Majora's Mask (it's going to break down the sales of OoT), just be a little patient, it's not the same case as Xeno, PT and LT, aaaand there's something called Zelda WiiU and Skyward Sword, i want the game too but be patient
angry.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFV remake preferred over this :E

(and then Live-a-Live, which actually was said to be remade if enough fans wanted it just a couple weeks ago...!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this is all talk. Seeing as Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about what fans want.

Just look at Operation Rainfall.
nyanya.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be one to say that I'm not too crazy about Zelda series in general. But mention Majora's Mask and I go ape shit
yay.gif
wub.gif
! In my opinion, it is the best Zelda game I've ever played. I'll be looking to see where this goes. Because I myself am looking forward to an MM remake. Prob the only remake I'd buy for the 3DS.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
I think this is all talk. Seeing as Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about what fans want.

Just look at Operation Rainfall.
nyanya.gif
Only difference is, Nintendo actually developed this title. Maybe they're nicer about the games that made.

Although seeing how OoT boosted 3DS sales, I don't think Nintendo'll just tease us with a mention of them making MM3D and not actually go through with it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This seems a little excessive compared to trying to revive Megaman Legends 3.
Still, vocal fan demand is a great way to express interest in potential games, and encouraging developers to make them happen.

After all, Grezzo were contracted by Nintendo to handle OoT3D, I'm sure they can use the engine to make Majora's Mask 3D happen with relative ease, needing little participation from Nintendo themselves whilst they continue to work on their own new projects.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This really doesn't seem necessary at all. Could fans at least wait until they're told for sure yes or no? A petition is pretty much last resort "fuck, they aren't going to develop this."

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
This really doesn't seem necessary at all. Could fans at least wait until they're told for sure yes or no? A petition is pretty much last resort "fuck, they aren't going to develop this."
Pretty much how I feel.
Besides, Zelda on a bad day still sells really well. To make Majora's Mask happen wouldn't take as much effort as OoT3D, now that a lot of the engine and assets are there.

Reasonable investment for a good profit with little risk, Nintendo could do well to make this happen.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Nathan Drake said:
Pretty much how I feel.
Besides, Zelda on a bad day still sells really well. To make Majora's Mask happen wouldn't take as much effort as OoT3D, now that a lot of the engine and assets are there.

Reasonable investment for a good profit with little risk, Nintendo could do well to make this happen.

I assume they will probably wait awhile. With what is coming out between Q4 2011 and Q1 2012, they don't really need yet another big name title for the 3DS coming out before Q2 next year. You don't want to flood the gamer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: