Homebrew RELEASE OpenLara Switch Port

PSxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was actually planning on giving this a go this week on my gaming pc. But this is a better option.

dragnipur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i was trying to share last night on mobile but it wasn't letting me post. really awesome port, i love the water shaders! :P

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I've got the music files - but can't get the music to play on the PC dumped version - psx dumped version works with sound though. I've got the following folder structure according to the readme.

PC version Folders:
/switch/OpenLara/FMV/ (rpl files in here)
/switch/OpenLara/Data/ (pcx/phd files in here)
/switch/OpenLara/audio/1/ (mp3 files in here)

PSX version - FMV audio was choppy and sound was ok, PC version FMV audio was OK - but no in game music.

Anyone know how to get the music to play on the pc dumped version.

Reactions: lordelan

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the music files - but can't get the music to play on the PC dumped version - psx dumped version works with sound though. I've got the following folder structure according to the readme.

PC version Folders:
/switch/OpenLara/FMV/ (rpl files in here)
/switch/OpenLara/Data/ (pcx/phd files in here)
/switch/OpenLara/audio/1/ (mp3 files in here)

PSX version - FMV audio was choppy and sound was ok, PC version FMV audio was OK - but no in game music.

Anyone know how to get the music to play on the pc dumped version.
The game source code seems to want track_?? or track_??? audio files, I used .ogg and it seems to work.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The game source code seems to want track_?? or track_??? audio files, I used .ogg and it seems to work.

I converted the mp3 to ogg and that didn't work either - what folder did you put the music files in? My music files are called 02.mp3/03.mp3 - 10.mp3.

Edit: OK, I found out if you put the music in /switch/OpenLara/audio/1/ track_02.ogg - track_09.ogg that works fine.

Mp3 - makes the sound seem choppy - but converting to ogg gives much better sound with no chopping.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: bonoboy and asper

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I converted the mp3 to ogg and that didn't work either - what folder did you put the music files in? My music files are called 02.mp3/03.mp3 - 10.mp3.
Could you please remove your ridiculously huge signature image? On a small screen with scaling active, such as my 14 inch laptop, this takes up like 20% of the height of the screen

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I can confirm that while .mp3 files are choppy and cause the game to crash, .ogg files work flawlessly so just use those.

Does the Switch port support methods to load TR2/3 or any of the expansions yet?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here I have audio and FMV files (from youtube HD project), but neither background audio nor FMV are working ingame.

what am I doing wrong?

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, it worked! I got the RPL files, but found out the PSX data (FMV) is much bigger. I guess they are higher quality (at least the audio tracks on PSX are supposed to be higher quality). will report!

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
More details soon !SHREK
20190111_020746.jpg
20190111_020956.jpg

Last edited by Leonidas87,

Site & Scene News