linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
linkinworm said:
Shuny said:
linkinworm said:
so let me get this straight, with this, i can burn a disk with the information i need on there to get say an emulator working, and it will boot on my wii without a modchip?
THIS HAS NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING TO DO WITH A SOFTMOD

Let's say, to be honest, it's useless. It's only made to do ISOs without Nintendo code but it's only for the homebrews purist. If you're not an homebrew purist, you can use the Nintendo apploader and you won't see any changes
who said anything about the fking softmod, all i want to do is make snesx9 dvd with 1000 roms on the disk. and as i dont have modchip i wanted to know if that was the case

What I said ? This has nothing to do with the softmod (=reading DVD-R without modchip), but I said really nothing, there is no link between reading DVD-R without modchip and this apploader, but really, NOT ANY LINK, SO FORGET.

Every time someone release something, these times, the newb asks : "Is it a softmod ? lulz §§§"
i am no n00b, it just seems that after they anounced the DVD explit will be used for emulators n crap, and then they make this it kinda looked like the went together, i probs know more about wii than you do anyway

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimode emulator discs
grog.gif

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
linkinworm said:
i am no n00b, it just seems that after they anounced the DVD explit will be used for emulators n crap, and then they make this it kinda looked like the went together, i probs know more about wii than you do anyway
Even if I'm not a Wii pro, I highly doubt you know "more" than me about the Wii. The apploader thing was obviously not something to softmod your Wii.

turtleman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Every time someone release something, these times, the newb asks : "Is it a softmod ? lulz §§§"
I don't think anybody presented themselves like that. Some(including myself) were wondering what exactly what this was, considering that there wasn't too much information behind it, and you wouldn't really have known about the previous apploaders unless you actually used them.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
c'mon people.. if you want to know what this was for, read the article and links posted, educate yourself, etc ... but please, do not jump into conclusions or speculations as alway

this is exacly what it has been presented for, a disc apploader, the statement is clear on hackmii: it's not bushing's fault if everyone is so obsessed with softmod or iso loader that they are always messing everything in their head

Shuny

Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
rlw said:
Shuny said:
linkinworm said:
Even if I'm not a Wii pro, I highly doubt you know "more" than me about the Wii. The apploader thing was obviously not something to softmod your Wii.

Come on now Shuny, he's linkinworm! He has beta tested Waninkoko's downgrader, and written tutorials about Wii hacking. That practically puts him on the level of a Bushing, Segher, Tmbinc, and Waninkoko.

...however, it is too bad that he probably won't be beta testing many more releases by Waninkoko.
Ah ah, poor linkinworm
laugh.gif

Linkinworm is sure a nice guy (because he has linkin in his pseudo which reminds me "Linkin Park" so he MUST be a great guy
biggrin.gif
) but sometimes a little naïve.

He announced the downgrader before the release even if it was the best way to be flamed
wink.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
linkinworm said:
i know everything there is about the wii.

also i didnt announce the DG befor it was out, i never actualy said what it was befor it was on his site

rlw, i am actualy still beta testing about 4 apps for him

Shuny

Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
linkinworm said:
Shuny said:
linkinworm said:
Obviously not, otherwise you would have guessed that this apploader isn't related at all with the softmod thing (as it's a file directly on the DVD)

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Shuny said:
linkinworm said:
Shuny said:
linkinworm said:
Obviously not, otherwise you would have guessed that this apploader isn't related at all with the softmod thing (as it's a file directly on the DVD)
thats why i asked, i thought it was in relation to the DVD exploit as this was a hackmii release

Shaunzio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those wondering what it does
Here is what marcan said in one of the comments on hackmii.com

marcan // Aug 3, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Guys, this is just a base image that can be used to run homebrew from DVD. Nothing more, nothing less. You need version 3.2 or earlier or GeckoOS to boot it, since it uses trucha. You need a modchip. You need to regionpatch it for your region (it defaults to NTSC). You need to inject whatever application you want to run into it (by default it runs a little loader that loads the homebrew channel, which must have been previously installed).

For example, if you have a version older than 3.3, you can regionpatch the ISO and set it to autoboot to have a handy Homebrew Channel loader ISO that runs as soon as you turn on your Wii, so you don’t have to fumble with the wiimote when you’re testing applications.

You can also inject whatever app you want into it and use it to run it. Previously people used game discs, but those can’t be distributed due to the apploader. Hence why I created this image.

Unfortunately, apparently both WiiScrubber and some versions of Trucha Signer have problems opening the ISO. As far as I know the ISO is valid (it certainly boots and works with our tools), so I’m going to assume that this is a bug in those applications that will need to be fixed. If there is actually a problem with the ISO that you can pinpoint, please drop me a line and I’ll get it fixed.

The ISO has 32MB of space and the DOL is padded to 8MB to enable easy injection of other apps. The FST is blank. You’ll have to pad the ISO before burning it, at least to 1GB.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Shaunzio said:
Unfortunately, apparently both WiiScrubber and some versions of Trucha Signer have problems opening the ISO. As far as I know the ISO is valid (it certainly boots and works with our tools), so I’m going to assume that this is a bug in those applications that will need to be fixed. If there is actually a problem with the ISO that you can pinpoint, please drop me a line and I’ll get it fixed.

The 'bug' came down to a title ID that had a different first character from those specified in the Wiifuse check - the console ID was not 'R' ,'_' etc. It was 'T'.

I changed the wiiscriubber code yesterday to allow for an over-riide of that part of the checking and allow it to read the disc now - version 1.31 from the downloads section here.

And that *is* the final release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay