Homebrew OOThax 11.7.0-40U payloads??

juccatan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the updated OOT3DHax payloads? Because I don't think yellow8 will update considering the fact that he hasn't updated since last year. I have no entrypoint what so ever as I had made the mistake of updating my 3DS to 11.7 from 11.5. My NNID is banned so I can't use the eshop therefore I can't use the steeldiver sub wars exploit which is why my only option is the oot3dhax method for 11.7, because I own that game physically.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have the updated OOT3DHax payloads? Because I don't think yellow8 will update considering the fact that he hasn't updated since last year. I have no entrypoint what so ever as I had made the mistake of updating my 3DS to 11.7 from 11.5. My NNID is banned so I can't use the eshop therefore I can't use the steeldiver sub wars exploit which is why my only option is the oot3dhax method for 11.7, because I own that game physically.
http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ is the site ya want for updating payloads

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like the Github page for oot3dhax includes all the scripts you need for building a new Powersaves image using the updated payload. You might even be able to do it in Windows if you have Python installed. Unfortunately, it's not immediately clear exactly what the syntax is.

Topaz Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an N3DS_U_29697_usa_9221 powersave, if this works for you! I understand that apparently different versions of OoT3D within a region may need different saves... or something like that.

This is the save I created using the exploit installer, and I can confirm that it works on a New 3DS running 11.7.0.40U firmware.

Attachments

• OoT3DHax N3DS_U_29697_usa_9221 Powersave.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 542
Last edited by Topaz Light,

GGrannie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an N3DS_U_29697_usa_9221 powersave, if this works for you! I understand that apparently different versions of OoT3D within a region may need different saves... or something like that.

This is the save I created using the exploit installer, and I can confirm that it works on a New 3DS running 11.7.0.40U firmware.
You are Very Kind to do this ... is there any chance you would make the OOThax Powersave file for the old 2ds payload file which is POST5_U_29697_usa_9221.bin for otherapp on NDS os ver 11.7.0.40U ? (I have now way to generate the 131KB powersave version ofeither the robpin or otherapp payload.

GGrannie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like ... includes all the scripts you need for building a new Powersaves image using the updated payload. You might even be able to do it in Windows if you have Python installed. Unfortunately, it's not immediately clear exactly what the syntax is.

I mostly use a mac - do you know if this programming language is a C compiler? or what it might be?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mostly use a mac - do you know if this programming language is a C compiler? or what it might be?
Python is its own programming language and uses a Python compiler. You would run Python scripts using Python for the Macintosh.

If you are completely unfamiliar with scripts, I'm afraid this might be difficult for you to puzzle out.

Diretilde

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

I'm having a ton of trouble generating a file for my firmware version, which should be N3DS_E_28673_9221.bin (I'm in europe and my firmware version is 11.7.0-40E) Could you explain to me how you generated that file?

Reactions: juccatan

juccatan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a ton of trouble generating a file for my firmware version, which should be N3DS_E_28673_9221.bin (I'm in europe and my firmware version is 11.7.0-40E) Could you explain to me how you generated that file?
Do you need help generating your payload? I could totally do that for you.

Last edited by juccatan,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you explain to me how you generated that file?
I presume M. Light ran the exploit installer using some other entrypoint, and then dumped the save from the cart using a Powersaves.

If you can run Steelhax, then you can also run the exploit installer.

Foxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you need help generating your payload? I could totally do that for you dude!
I'd really appreciate it if you could do it for me as well. I'm on 11.7.0-40E and should have POST5_E_28673_9221.bin, but the only one I can find is from a YouTube video (/watch?v=PsUohLc94MQ - I can't post links). However, when I restore that save onto my card using powersaves it just triggers a "Save data is corrupt" message upon loading and deletes my save. I'd really like to get this working.
EDIT: Tried it on my New3DS as well with the one for the New3DS in that video (11.7.0-40E, N3DS_E_28673_9221.bin) and I get the same result. In the main download for the payloads there are 2 different card IDs, so my guess would be that the saves in that video are for the wrong card ID of my card. If anyone could generate the payloads for either a New3DS or Old3DS on 11.7.0-40E for both card IDs I would be extremely grateful.

Last edited by Foxes,
Reactions: juccatan

juccatan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really appreciate it if you could do it for me as well. I'm on 11.7.0-40E and should have POST5_E_28673_9221.bin, but the only one I can find is from a YouTube video (/watch?v=PsUohLc94MQ - I can't post links). However, when I restore that save onto my card using powersaves it just triggers a "Save data is corrupt" message upon loading and deletes my save. I'd really like to get this working.
EDIT: Tried it on my New3DS as well with the one for the New3DS in that video (11.7.0-40E, N3DS_E_28673_9221.bin) and I get the same result. In the main download for the payloads there are 2 different card IDs, so my guess would be that the saves in that video are for the wrong card ID of my card. If anyone could generate the payloads for either a New3DS or Old3DS on 11.7.0-40E for both card IDs I would be extremely grateful.

Here's your payload :)
Make a normal backup of your Ocarina of Time 3D Cartridge and then replace that backup with the one I'm giving you now.
If you have to, rename it the same thing as your normal backup and replace it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pe4oksyoe0zj7hw/POST5_E_28673_9221.bin

Reactions: Jerome94 and Foxes

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like the Github page for oot3dhax includes all the scripts you need for building a new Powersaves image using the updated payload. You might even be able to do it in Windows if you have Python installed. Unfortunately, it's not immediately clear exactly what the syntax is.
Code:
def syntax():
    print("Syntax: MakePowersave.py rawdata.raw output.bin \"displayname\"")
    return 1

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Code:
def syntax():
    print("Syntax: MakePowersave.py rawdata.raw output.bin \"displayname\"")
    return 1
Yes, that's that last step – but it's not at all clear how you generate rawdata.raw first. It seems one of the .sh scripts is necessary, but it's not clear what each of the necessary parameters are.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

iPredHD

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey there! Can someone please make me a New 3DS 11.7 EU payload for oot? :3 I'd be very happy if someone could assist me with that!

juccatan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so sorry that it took this long to get back to you, I'd really really love it if you could generate it for me I still haven't been able to!
That's fine man, but I'm on a trip right now. I can go fetch your payload bin on Monday because I'm away from home, but I'll definetely help you out.

Reactions: Diretilde

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.