Homebrew oot3ds hax for 11.13.0.45-E

choatix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've found the otherapp.bin that I need to run in order to get OOTHax to boot into the home launcher. However, there is no save data for OOT3ds that I can install for the same firmware version.
When just using the most recent, optimisitically, I am presented with what seems like progress - getting as far as 'Your home menu ropbin is ready'. However, before homebrew launcher can load, the 3ds errors out with 'An error has occured. Please save your data in any softeare currently in use, and restart the system'.

Does anyone know of a location I can obtain more up-to-date OOTHax files? Or if something else is not working with the setup?

This is on my new 3ds, which is not cfw'd, and I do have a seperate system (an old 3ds) which IS CFW'd, so I have several options available.
In the meantime, I am only looking to extract a few saves from the new 3DS's downloaded games, which I also assume I cannot just copy from one system to the next to be interpreted?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found the otherapp.bin that I need to run in order to get OOTHax to boot into the home launcher. However, there is no save data for OOT3ds that I can install for the same firmware version.
When just using the most recent, optimisitically, I am presented with what seems like progress - getting as far as 'Your home menu ropbin is ready'. However, before homebrew launcher can load, the 3ds errors out with 'An error has occured. Please save your data in any softeare currently in use, and restart the system'.

Does anyone know of a location I can obtain more up-to-date OOTHax files? Or if something else is not working with the setup?

This is on my new 3ds, which is not cfw'd, and I do have a seperate system (an old 3ds) which IS CFW'd, so I have several options available.
In the meantime, I am only looking to extract a few saves from the new 3DS's downloaded games, which I also assume I cannot just copy from one system to the next to be interpreted?
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any reason for not installing CFW on the N3DS?

PicHaxx is an alternative to load the HB Launcher without installing CFW. JKSM (previous version 12/20/2018) can be started without CFW. I had mixed results with that (crashed sometimes).

Decrypting the saves requires some kind of homebrew, better CFW, access. Simply copying the encrypted files will not help.

If you have any further questions or problems: Ask again.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Alexander1970

choatix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Specifically, I just never did install CFW when I first used soundhax to do so. Eventually, I may get around to it, but currently just can't get to the homebrew menu with old methods.

Since I have CFW on the other 3DS, I can install other hacks, which I was trying to use the old 3DS to do with OOTHax. I will look into the other hacks in the guide above too - but was hoping for a quick solution, so will try that when I have more time.

Getting into PicHaxx/HBLauncher is the current issue where I previously had an install on the N3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT