Homebrew OoT3DHax PowerSave Edition

BF_iamresh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on a old 3dsxl(Zelda LBW 3ds) and i just got it to work. LOL i forgot to add the actual homebrew launcher to the SD card. Its something stupid but it happens .
oh it was that simple of a mistake. the reply i gave is the problem i had when i was in your situation (also a pretty dumb mistake LOL) so i thought that was it

QIFS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I accidentally updated my o3DS to 10.4 and now my OoT3DHax isn't working, when someone gets a chance can you upload your 10.4 file? Thanks.

QIFS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. looks like I accidentally updated to 10.5 actually... Well if someone gets their OoT3Dhax to work, please post your powersaves.

EDIT!!!:

I got it to work!! If anyone happens to have the same version as me, here's my powersaves! Good luck all <3

Don't forget to rename the file to yours!

Attachments

• O3DS10.5.0-30U.zip
    43.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by QIFS,
Reactions: hiten

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I took so long to get back with the results.

Yeah so I re-did the process and checked the file and still no-go. I did learn changing the encryption key breaks some(all???) checksum in place ;___;.

Did you test making one for your O3DS 10.1.0-27?

@phase

Have you used 3dsfuse before? If so do you know if it can write/modify complete save files(entire images) correctly(checksums mostly)? Also is it a windows program or a 3ds app?

I Can't confirm anything due to not being able to restore but I can confirm that op's save encryption is the same as mine and that should allow it to work on my cart if it had the right payload for my system.

You do need to have a save dongle to restore these saves, but you don't necessarily need to have powersave.

So to remove the wrapper powersave adds to the save file for use with other save dongles is this (assuming they don't add thier own wrapper/checksums etc)

* I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILTY FOR YOUR ACTIONS BEYOND THIS POINT IF YOU FOLLOW THESE ACTIONS DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. REMEMBER BY DOING ANYTHING NOT INTENDED FOR YOUR SAVE DONGLE SUCH AS MODIFYING A SAVE OR CORRUPTING ONE CAN BRICK YOUR CART YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

1. Get a hex editor (I use HxD)
2. Open a powersave save in hex editor
3. go to edit menu and click 'select block'
4. Click the length radio button and enter 9c(hex) or 156(dec)
5. Click okay
6. Press delete on your keyboard
7. Save file with new name to indicate the changes (like 'wrapperRemoved' or 'justSaveFile' etc)
8. Make sure the file length in hex editor has exactly 0x20000 (hex bytes) any more or less and you messed up. REDO THE PROCESS FROM THE BEGINNING OR RISK BRICKING YOUR CART.
9. Restore your new save with a non-powersave dongle (like r4i save dongle or NDS adapter plus etc...)
10. Test

You can also check the save file (encryption key, specific files, and etc) using 3DSExplorer (rencrypting or changing the encryption needs a different program)

@Ignisflame

Can you help me out by making a 2.1 OoTHax for 9.9.0-26u because we have the same encryption key on our OoT cart?

Edit--

There are alot more save dongles than that like r4i save dongle, NDS adapter plus, etc. Even a SKY3ds(granted it saves just like a real cartridge and gets encrypted idk if it does tho) could use these files.
10.6U just came out and it patched up menu & browser hax.So I might get oot3dhax. Will the powersave edition still delete all my saves? (I wanna keep my save files)

Last edited by Stardust3033,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
10.6U just came out and it patched up menu & browser hax.So I might get oot3dhax. Will the powersave edition still delete all my saves? (I wanna keep my save files)
Yes you need to delete your saves because thé payload takes thé équivalent of 5 saves slots and you need thé 6th one to load it..

If you have access to svdt you can use it to archive your save, or you can use the console's save archiving function.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you need to delete your saves because thé payload takes thé équivalent of 5 saves slots and you need thé 6th one to load it..

If you have access to svdt you can use it to archive your save, or you can use the console's save archiving function.
So you're saying, if I can svdt (btw what is that) I can get back my saves?

If so, can I still access homebrew with all my saves back?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you're saying, if I can svdt (btw what is that) I can get back my saves?

If so, can I still access homebrew with all my saves back?
svdt is the name of a save manager homebrew (there is also savedata manager).

Setting up oot3dhax needs you to wipe all of your saves from the game first, so you WILL lose all your progression (I explained why in my previous post).
If you could launch homebrews though, svdt'd allow you to backup your saves on your SD card before erasing them. You'd also get a decrypted savefile, which means you can copy it to your computer for more safety.
Because you apparently can't, I told you you can use the savedata archiving feature of the 3DS (on home menu, click on the game icon then on the little arrow button at bottom-left corner of the bottom screen), which does quite the same thing. The only difference is that the save is encrypted and stored somewhere inside your "Nintendo 3DS" folder, so you won't be able to import in any other console than yours (including if you do a system reset), which means the backup is less safe.

The purpose of these backups anyway, is that you can restore your progression when you find another entry point to use instead of oot3dhax. But until so, you WILL indeed loosall your progression.

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ah. looks like I accidentally updated to 10.5 actually... Well if someone gets their OoT3Dhax to work, please post your powersaves.

EDIT!!!:

I got it to work!! If anyone happens to have the same version as me, here's my powersaves! Good luck all <3

Don't forget to rename the file to yours!
Thanks, the file works fine. Cartridge ID is AQEEd39e67c2

Last edited by hiten,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks! Sorry, newb here, didn't notice the O is for old. :shy:

There's no info about the cartridge ID, if the file ID doesn't match the ID on my cartridge, will it do any harm on my 3DS?
It will either crash to home menu or freeze and you'll have to force the 3DS off with the power button. Other than that you should be fine.

Reactions: hiten

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife