Only able to snyc 2 remotes, no more

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by wabash, Jan 16, 2010.

Jan 16, 2010
  1. wabash
    OP

Newcomer wabash Member

United States
    Hi, I have a softmodded Wii running on 4.1U. It works fine. Just got a couple of extra remotes, for a total of 3. Of the two new ones, I can sync either or, but not both at the same time. In other words, the original is 1, one new one is 2 (they both will go into 2 if done separate), one new one will not sync into 3.

So I know both new ones work as they sync into 2 on their own. Is there something on the Wii console that would limit it to only 2 remotes being used? I have tried unplugging and holding sync button for 15 secs and then resync and same result.

Any ideas?

2. Christopho

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright first of all I can guarantee that the wii can hold up to 4 wiimotes because:

1. If it could hold only 2 then there wouldnt be a 4 spots to sync.
    2. My friend and I always play with 3-4 people on a 2-3 days basis.

Did you try pressing the wiimote sync button first wait 2 seconds then pressing the sync button on the wii? Again, just press don't hold.

Hope I helped :I

3. wabash
    OP

Newcomer wabash Member

United States
    Thanks, yes I did press the wiimote and then the sync on the Wii. It clearly shows up to 4 can be added, but the final two are not able to activate. I tried what they said in the manual to resync all, and no go. I cant even add on a temp basis with holding the 1 and 2 buttons. Just seems like this Wii maxes out at 2 wiimotes.

Could the mod have done something to this, or is there some fix that could address the issue?

4. wabash
    OP

Newcomer wabash Member

United States
    Ok, a little more investigation. It seems the two new ones will not sync when at the same time, no matter what slot. I could sync the first to 1, but cant get the other to 2. They both will sync with the original one already synced.

Looking closer at the wiimotes, I see the newer ones have the sameeIC# on the side, below the FCC ID -- 4250A-WC45-- not sure what that is, but maybe they take the same frequency so they cannot coexist on the same system?

5. Christopho

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nope, the mod has nothing to do with this. Also, I doubt the FCC ID is the problem, but if you still think so then google it. If you want to know whether it's your system or your controllers then do the following:

Go to a gamestop store, buy a used controller (since it's used, you can return it within 7 days for a full refund), and try to get it on the 3rd/4th player/port. If it can't do it then it's probably your system, if it can, then i recommend getting a new controller xD or hell just stay with that used one lolz