Hardware ONLY 3DS´ GREEN LED TURNS ON

Diego1998

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was repairing my old3ds. I had to change its 3d slider/speaker ribbon cable. Everything went smooth, but when I tried to turn it on to test if it worked it did not turn on. When I press the power button the green light from the 3d slider glows but nothing else happens. Not even the charging lights turn on.

I also have to mention that I did not solder the speakers to the ribbon cable. Could that be where the problem is?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3D light turns on but not even the blue power light or the wireless light???? And no the speakers not connected to the ribbon cable shouldn't cause any issues

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does the power button act normally? Can you even turn it off?
What happens if you try to close the 3DS? Try to look inside and see if the 3D light stays on or turns off

Diego1998

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Does the power button act normally? Can you even turn it off?
What happens if you try to close the 3DS? Try to look inside and see if the 3D light stays on or turns off
It is always off. The green light just turns on for half a second while I press the power button, so I guess it is always turned off. When I plug the console the charging light turns on normally.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do any of the screens flash white for a short time?
If you can try unplugging the cable that connects to the 3D slider and light and try turning on the 3DS like that

Diego1998

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do any of the screens flash white for a short time?
If you can try unplugging the cable that connects to the 3D slider and light and try turning on the 3DS like that
Neither of the screens flash or anything. When I unplug the speaker´s cable and try to turn it on the blue light(the one in the bottom part of the console)turns on for a while until there is a click and everything turns off again. I know that that problem is caused by the absence of the speaker´s/3d cable but I couldn´t find any information regarding the 3d light.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Neither of the screens flash or anything. When I unplug the speaker´s cable and try to turn it on the blue light(the one in the bottom part of the console)turns on for a while until there is a click and everything turns off again. I know that that problem is caused by the absence of the speaker´s/3d cable but I couldn´t find any information regarding the 3d light.
My guess is one of the ribbon cables is damaged or not fully seated. There are a number of ribbon cables that the 3DS will not power on without, other than the top screen cable.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And when your speaker/3D cable is connected the blue light doesn't turn on but the 3D light does?? This is really weird
Maybe there's some weird problem with the cable that causes the 3D light to always be on and some weird short circuit or something that causes the main power light and other things to not work?

Diego1998

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I realized that I had connected the 3d/speaker by the wrong side XD I mean, y did not fold the cable before pluging it. NOW THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM. WHen I press the power button the blue light turns on for a few seconds until it shuts down completely. There is no click sound, no screen flicker, no nothing.
Time ago, when I was trying to fix the console I happened to break a two clips in which some small ribbon cables connect. They were the two smaller ribbons coming from the bottom screen. I tried fixing them in place with adhesive tape.
Could that be the problem? Can the console turn on without those ribbons connected? If it is that way, maybe the console is bricked.
Im sorry my console is in such a bad condition :C

Reactions: nvmlamma

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe there is actually a clickk sound but you said your speakers aren't soldered?
But yes the small riboon cables are most likely the issue
One of them is for the digitizer (not needed for the console to turn on) and the other one is probably for the screen backlight and I think it needs to be connected for the console to turn on

Diego1998

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
IT WORKED
The problem was one of the mall ribbons. To be more specific, the one that is under the SDcard slot. So I put some pieces of paper on top of it to make pressure and it worked. I still have to do the same with the touch´s ribbon, but I think I can survive without using the touch functionality for a while.
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS, YOU WERE REALLY HELPFUL.

nvmlamma

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I realized that I had connected the 3d/speaker by the wrong side XD I mean, y did not fold the cable before pluging it. NOW THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM. WHen I press the power button the blue light turns on for a few seconds until it shuts down completely. There is no click sound, no screen flicker, no nothing.
Time ago, when I was trying to fix the console I happened to break a two clips in which some small ribbon cables connect. They were the two smaller ribbons coming from the bottom screen. I tried fixing them in place with adhesive tape.
Could that be the problem? Can the console turn on without those ribbons connected? If it is that way, maybe the console is bricked.
Im sorry my console is in such a bad condition :C
I had exactly the same problem, I also accidentally plugged the cable upside down and after fixing it, 3ds works normally :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Dragon Quest VIII was awesome on the 3DS although I prefer the PS2 version