OnLive Service outside US

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by ppkhoa, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010

OnLive Service outside US by ppkhoa at 6:43 AM (6,459 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ppkhoa
    OP

Newcomer ppkhoa Advanced Member

Vietnam
    OnLive is a new service in the US and I got 3 accounts ( all is free for 1st year, +1 game each account, total 3 games) but when I clicked on launch on the web, I receive the error: "This service is not available in your region". I think they recognized my IP is in Vietnam. How can I bypassing the IP check or using proxy with this program ? There are no option to choose so I can't set proxy. I tried UltraSurf, Hotspot Shield but none of them work ! You can test this here: play.onlive.com .
    Here's my login info:
    E-mail: ppkhoa@me.com
    Password: 123456
    Please don't try to change the password !

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    Whoah there, you should definitely remove the login info immediately and discuss this privately with someone, I'll be happy to help you if I can, but there are no restrictions over who will see this information you have posted!

3. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    wow those dont login anymore. guess someone changed

4. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Youre not missing much, onlive sucks balls. It's like playing a game through a webcam if that makes any sense. Also, the controls lag very badly.

5. exangel

United States
    Sigh.. with regard to your problem, their Terms of Use states:
    Considering that you have signed up for three accounts in violation of the eligibility for the offer, you're not entitled to use the service.

I don't know whether or not you can fake their service into thinking you are actually in the US, but I cannot help you try. Hopefully you can recover your account and remove billing data from it and your other two.

6. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    Man i wanna try Onlive. might be the only hope to satisfy my gaming needs with this crap for a pc.

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Onlive over a proxy would be like trying to ride a triangular rock to school.

Give it up.

8. ppkhoa
    OP

Vietnam
    Well, I can always recover my password since the email can't be changed ! I gave everyone the password because I think they need to test if it works. Furthermore, the billing info is ... hidden, my address is ...um.... not right, picture this 77180 Indiana Ave., "Ho Chi Minh city",92211 !? Please help me find the solution for this [​IMG] I tried to make this work the whole day but it's not ...

9. exangel

United States

10. Bowza

Banned Bowza Banned

Gabon
    The l33t h4x0rz got your shit

11. ppkhoa
    OP

Vietnam
    Thanks for everyone's advice ! I think I should give up ... I also think that this service will be damn slow, even in the US. The overall speed must be superfast to load "HD" image, as OnLive stated ... But at least, I passed all the test [​IMG]. Any mod, please close this topic please [​IMG]