OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daniele.tech
XP
Country
Italy
Hi after a Xbox360 I got a PS3 superslim.
I installed HFW, PS3hen and some apps like movian and so on.
I got the issue yesterday after few days that some homebrew apps wasn't starting, so a few minutes ago I reinstalled HFW and PS3HEN and now homebrew apps works again.
The games wasn't working before, ask to install a license but I uploaded the RAP files on exdata folder on the internal HDD.
On my tests few days ago I download a pack of 15000 RAP files took from here https://github.com/TheWizWikii/WIKISTORE/releases just to see if I can resolve in a massive way.

Anyway the games installed aren't working (installed as PKG) and are more then one. I am missing something maybe? I have the PS3 since a week (my first playstation) so I don't know if I missed something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check the content id. raps are named after that. that way you'll know if you have the license. btw, I have more than that. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can get the content id from the param.sfo btw.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system will not show the content id. it's normally supposed to be hidden, but you can get it from a god link, param.sfo, hex editing an eboot.bin, etc. it's all over the place.

mte90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daniele.tech
XP
Country
Italy
Ok so the best case is to get a eboot.in from a game and get the content_ID and check if the license exist.
As I saw when I downloaded the pkg there was also the RAP file so I don't know if I missing something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's probably right then. check if the file is present in the home\0000000x\exdata directory. it will be a rif now, not a rap. however, you still need to know the content id to find the file especially if you have 15,000 licenses.

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi after a Xbox360 I got a PS3 superslim.
I installed HFW, PS3hen and some apps like movian and so on.
I got the issue yesterday after few days that some homebrew apps wasn't starting, so a few minutes ago I reinstalled HFW and PS3HEN and now homebrew apps works again.
The games wasn't working before, ask to install a license but I uploaded the RAP files on exdata folder on the internal HDD.
On my tests few days ago I download a pack of 15000 RAP files took from here https://github.com/TheWizWikii/WIKISTORE/releases just to see if I can resolve in a massive way.

Anyway the games installed aren't working (installed as PKG) and are more then one. I am missing something maybe? I have the PS3 since a week (my first playstation) so I don't know if I missed something.

I don’t use HEN just Rebug Dex CFW but not sure if you are aware that you need to activate the rap files using a homebrew like reactpsn look up reactpsn ps3 guide

Last edited by Terrorize420,

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What error you get when you start the game?
I want to remind you that you have to enable HEN every time you want to start these pkg’s otherwise the games crash.

mte90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daniele.tech
XP
Country
Italy
* I run PS3HEN at every boot
* I cannot use Rebug or reactpsn because I have a SuperSlim that require HFW with PS3HEN
* An error that say that the content can be used if the license is renewed
* I have home\00000002 and 4 folders but with no exdata folder inside it
* In dev_hdd0/exdata there are all the licenses
* I am trying to read a param.sfo (from an installed game) with a tool but they are all only for windows and I am on linux. I opened it also with an hex editor but I don't understand what is the content_ID but with 15000 licenses one of the 12 games should start anyway

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(the ".pkg and .rap" file, for psn game for ps3...............you can just install the .pkg and then resign the .rap file, turning it into a .pkg file, and install the .pkg file, using "PS3xploit-resigner-3.0.0")

You don't need to "enable hen from icon" each time you start the ps3, inorder to play installed backup packages or ".pkg and .rap" psn file, because, HEN has han enabled at startup.....................................
You only need to keep enabling, "enable hen from icon", in order to play games if you did not install your .rap file from a signed package..................if you just have your .rap files in a "exdata" folder in a usbstick, then you still have to "enable hen" to play a game, for psn "pkg and .rap" games........................
there are releases for "c00/time trial ps3 games", just install the packages and you'll be fine, you probably don't need to "enable hen" to run them...................only some function you need to keep "enabling hen" after your ps3 starts, like to use homebrew, to run games off a usb drive, or if you did not sign your .rap files.
You only have 2 ports on a "super slim" ps3....................if you don't sign your .rap files for the psn games, (there are some "hen" releases of games, just "enable hen" you don't need a usb stick plugged in all the time).................then you can't use an external harddrive if you have a usb stick plugged, you only have two free usb ports on super slim.
1. Sign your .rap file and install with (act and idps) into a package file with "PS3xploit-resigner" (you don't need to resign your, large size game .pkg files)
2. Find or Make, a "hen, package installation for the game you want to install" (no usb stick with .rap file on it required)
3. if you put .rap files in the root of usbstick, in "exdata" folder, then you waste a usb port

Because the Video is not clear, that is more false information floating around
("reactpsn" doesn't work on "hfw firmware with hen installed", that can sign and install package files saving you the annoyance of always having a usb stick plugged in, if you choose not to resign your .rap files.....................that may change, but its not a big deal) (at least with "hfw and hen" versus the han firmware in the past for official firmware consoles..............you don't have to sign the large .pkg game files)

(1tb internal ssd harddrive, is about 100plus dollars, its not really cheap, enough to warrant a replacement for a relatively new drive in the ps3...........but...................when the price drops, reactpsn homebrew or similar may very well work by that time, it would be more to consider about upgrading the internal hdd at that time)

(if you have your external harddrive with games on it .iso ("PS3ISO" folder, in root of stick)...............and an exdata folder ("exdata" folder, in root of stick) on it with .rap files in it for the games you have installed to the internal harddrive, then that will work.......haven't tested that specifically because I have resigned .rap files and games install from before, but that should work yes.....................but just sticking a usb stick and taking up a port is not a good idea)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(the ".pkg and .rap" file, for psn game for ps3...............you can just install the .pkg and then resign the .rap file, turning it into a .pkg file, and install the .pkg file, using "PS3xploit-resigner-3.0.0")

You don't need to "enable hen from icon" each time you start the ps3, inorder to play installed backup packages or ".pkg and .rap" psn file, because, HEN has han enabled at startup.....................................
You only need to keep enabling, "enable hen from icon", in order to play games if you did not install your .rap file from a signed package..................if you just have your .rap files in a "exdata" folder in a usbstick, then you still have to "enable hen" to play a game, for psn "pkg and .rap" games........................
there are releases for "c00/time trial ps3 games", just install the packages and you'll be fine, you probably don't need to "enable hen" to run them...................only some function you need to keep "enabling hen" after your ps3 starts, like to use homebrew, to run games off a usb drive, or if you did not sign your .rap files.
You only have 2 ports on a "super slim" ps3....................if you don't sign your .rap files for the psn games, (there are some "hen" releases of games, just "enable hen" you don't need a usb stick plugged in all the time).................then you can't use an external harddrive if you have a usb stick plugged, you only have two free usb ports on super slim.
1. Sign your .rap file and install with (act and idps) into a package file with "PS3xploit-resigner" (you don't need to resign your, large size game .pkg files)
2. Find or Make, a "hen, package installation for the game you want to install" (no usb stick with .rap file on it required)
3. if you put .rap files in the root of usbstick, in "exdata" folder, then you waste a usb port

Because the Video is not clear, that is more false information floating around
("reactpsn" doesn't work on "hfw firmware with hen installed", that can sign and install package files saving you the annoyance of always having a usb stick plugged in, if you choose not to resign your .rap files.....................that may change, but its not a big deal) (at least with "hfw and hen" versus the han firmware in the past for official firmware consoles..............you don't have to sign the large .pkg game files)

(1tb internal ssd harddrive, is about 100plus dollars, its not really cheap, enough to warrant a replacement for a relatively new drive in the ps3...........but...................when the price drops, reactpsn homebrew or similar may very well work by that time, it would be more to consider about upgrading the internal hdd at that time)

(if you have your external harddrive with games on it .iso ("PS3ISO" folder, in root of stick)...............and an exdata folder ("exdata" folder, in root of stick) on it with .rap files in it for the games you have installed to the internal harddrive, then that will work.......haven't tested that specifically because I have resigned .rap files and games install from before, but that should work yes.....................but just sticking a usb stick and taking up a port is not a good idea)

I thought in the video he says before you would use reactpsn meaning on CFW Back in the day he never said that reactpsn is for hen
so not really false information

and most people that have CFW have a external HD for game backups thats always plugged in. Thats how mine is setup and its been like that for 8 years now so not sure why your saying taking up a port isn’t a good idea unless you actually need both ports

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(most people may not know ................. the ps3 sometimes will show a popup warning if you exceed the amount of suggested power usage by the usb ports.................you may get a warning, it will go away, or you may not..................compared to an external drive 2.5 or ssd, with no external power, I think a regular usb stick pulls a lot of power.................)

(between a ps3 controller, official or third party, in use, while charging the battery...............you may not get the warning for the usb port, and that may include also which firmware version your using)

Different models of the ps3 have higher or lower grade components................same thing happens if you upgrade a modest to low end video card on a pc and overclock it, when it burns out, you can take a screw driver and poke some of the solid metal parts on it, and you may find some with some empty space in them and burnout.

A "usb stick" in a ps3 can be a very dangerous device! Just left unchecked that is!

(the theory, is that the device can take intermittent higher loads and stress...............sometimes that is not true, look at the new PS5 overheating reports..................disk drives are inefficient, but that is not the case there...............still going with fan cooling, liquid cooling is just as cheap and efficient)

mte90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daniele.tech
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to everyone so to reply to everyone:

* I saw the video but I put all the rap files in the internal sdd that I bought and added
* I don't know if the ps3 is activated or not because I bought from someone and did a reset
* PS3xploit-resigner-3.0.0 it is for han that is now removed from ps3hen

I think that is better that I remove all the games that I installed as pkg and downloading them in JB format so I avoid all the troubles with licensing that I am getting.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(PS3xploit-resigner, that is for "hen" too, remember "hen" is just an update to "han")

4.82 Han Firmware + (installed separatedly, and required)) Han and Han Toolbox Homebrew

4.84/4.85/4.86 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) + *No need to in stall "Han" its incorporated* + You can still install Han and Han Toolbox Homebrew for some missing features

Super Slim and some Slim Models, still use .rap files, for psn ".pkg and .rap" files, signed with your act and idps using "PS3xploit-resigner", you don't have to sign the .pkg files anymore.

You have to either sign the .rap files.......or add them to external usb device ("exdata" folder in root of usb, the rap files, if you have .iso games added to PS3ISO folder, you should see two folders when you open up your usb device "PS3ISO" and "exdata") (assuming your using webman for the .iso games) (as multiman does not work on all models) (webman also sees folders for ps2 games and psp games, probably best to use package installs for ps2 versus external hdd)

Lots of Bad information circulating...if you do sign your .rap files to .pkg files and install them, you don't need to "enable HEN form icon" to play those games.........if "reactpsn" homebrew suddenly works right now, which it does not apparently, then, your .rap files will be signed without the need for "PS3xploit-resigner", or without having them in external usb device...(new update from Sony 4.87 or higher firmware, have to use "proxy" to connect to internet the ps3, if not using manuel method to install, "hen", and "han, for features only not needed", after installing "hfw"..........., may even take a few more days for sony to lock out using 4.86 ps3 firmware to connect to internet, without a proxy used......try not to update firmware, maybe 4.87 will be hacked, right now it is not)

(create an account for psn, and sign into it from the ps3's internet browser, that should activate the ps3...............you maybe able to do that offline?)

EDIT

Had to sign both ".pkg and .rap" files for "R.I.P.D. the Game" or the ps3 would ask to renew the license...............that didn't happen with "Cars 2" i just signed the .rap file..................just a note, I did get the same rap file from different source, for the second test resigning both files, so that may be a false positive, again, just a note.

mte90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daniele.tech
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the info, so reactpsn on ps3hen doesn't work and I tried it in the past (cannot detect the firmware).

Looking on the internet seems that I can use ps3xploit resigner but it is not clear to me if I need to sign the pkg and rap files or I just can resign the rap files. As I have already installed various games it is more fast to just resign the rap files.

Anyway I will create a psn account to activate my PSN and I won't update it (I disabled the automatic updates) and dump the 2 files.

mte90

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daniele.tech
XP
Country
Italy
Seems that now the games are working it was just enough to activate the PS3, as reading online the resigner is not required anymore as HEN itself do that on the fly.

So I think that the case is closed, thanks to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1