Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So out of boredom I thought of this. Anyone want to chime in and talk about that thing that only comes on every four years.

By the way I wont watch.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DAMN the Chinese!!! U.S.A!! U.S.A.!! U.S.A!! *suddenly wakes up*

where am I and why am I completely naked except some read, white, and blue paint?

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love the Olympics. Although the winter Olympics are way better (I'll be going to them in 2010), I still like to watch the summer. I can watch the Olympics for HOURS on end

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish winning at any cost didn't require drugs that have to be screened for so brutally thoroughly.

I wish it wasn't all about the media hype.

I wish it wasn't about product X being the "official product" of the Olympics.

I will likely try to catch the opening and the closing, as it's usually a good show. I might catch a bit of it, but I won't be putting out any major effort. I will probably just settle for hearing how the various participating nations are doing by reading forums.

Too many recent Olympics rife with scandal have ruined it for me as a viewer though.

I wish ALL the athletes well though. May they all shine.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Panzer Tacticer said:
I wish winning at any cost didn't require drugs that have to be screened for so brutally thoroughly.

I wish it wasn't all about the media hype.

I wish it wasn't about product X being the "official product" of the Olympics.

I will likely try to catch the opening and the closing, as it's usually a good show. I might catch a bit of it, but I won't be putting out any major effort. I will probably just settle for hearing how the various participating nations are doing by reading forums.

Too many recent Olympics rife with scandal have ruined it for me as a viewer though.

I wish ALL the athletes well though. May they all shine.

They should have 2 classes, one clean and one roid freaks. call it the "modified class"

Did Iraq acccidentally rickroll the Chinese? lol

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
Did Iraq acccidentally rickroll the Chinese? lol
IDK. Theres an article explaining why on the Yahoo home page right now.

-------------------
Very funny reference by the way.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Iraq got banned for political reasons. As for the Olympics, I don't care, simply because it's just a political outlet using a facade of fun and excitement.
For example, the US once boycotted an Olympic held in the Soviet Union because we didn't like their communist government. Real mature, I know.

And China isn't crazy about winning, they're just crazy about showing off their capitol city to the rest of the world. That's why they're futilely trying to halt pollution, that's why they built the new structures, that's why they're paying citizens to learn English.
dry.gif

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eh this forum is full of nerds, no wonder you guys are all saying no. The Olympics are freaking amazing.

And I agree with bobrules, the Paralympics are just as impressive, if not more so, than the Olympics. It takes a lot of hard work for them to get to where they are

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banning people from the Olympics, from a historical standpoint, has done NOTHING yet.

I listened to some NPR segment about it.

I'm personally not gonna watch it, but I'll be interested in standings/highlights. I don't have that much time to spend
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not in sport at all.

I'm watching sometime when I accidentally see the TV, but I'm not following.
I will probably be looking the opening ceremony. I think Chinese always make good looking festivals.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
science said:
I love the Olympics. Although the winter Olympics are way better (I'll be going to them in 2010), I still like to watch the summer. I can watch the Olympics for HOURS on end
Completely agree 100%.

We'll be enjoying them hours on end soon.
grog.gif

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't wait to watch it,I'm excited to see the opening and closing ceremonies too, I hope that Beijing gets seen as a nice place, like Seoul and Sydney, which have seen the benefits of tourism, improved infrastructure, and so on years on (even now)

I dislike it when people say they're going to "boycott" the olympics. That pisses me off, since it has nothing to do with anything else, but it's just a worldwide sporting competition for fun. If they're not going to watch it, don't go shouting it out to everyone and influencing them.

Agree with science too.

V!olaPlayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Opening Ceremony. Just WOW. Every other 'epic' thing doesn't compare to the epicness of that opening. 1000/5

Can't wait for the closing ceremony!!

Oh, and the sports are cool too! Looking forward to swimming and gymnastics.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xJonny said:
Sydney, which have seen the benefits of tourism, improved infrastructure, and so on years on (even now)

Don't talk about our infrastructure... it's gone backwards into hell... T__T google up shityrail and you'll see.

Although China's already had a lot of infrastructure, I hope things keep on getting better over there from now on. Mao is your friend!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2