OLED, permanent dat0, inconsistent boots?

P4RI4H

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Recently installed HWFLY in OLED, The dat0 point always gets 2 values and always exactly .2v difference. Was told that with SK Hynixemmc, this is normal as long as I get successful glitches. However, training took ungodly long, to the tune of ~4 hours. Ive never been unable to get a single .6xx v on dat0 or had it take so long. Now it seems about 50% of the time, I get purple>orange/yellow>purple>red and it boots ofw. It HAS to be the dat0 but how can I get such consistent though different voltages with a permanent connection? Anyone have any advice?

Last edited by P4RI4H,

OrganixXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Readed same thing on Twitter yesterday. Was that you? I think your adaptor is not positioned well. And even if, the friction method is not perfect and can fail every time. There are good and bad adaptors. The edge adaptor is not good with the friction method. Give it a good seat and make a second anchor with solder mask. Then push it gently against the solder ball while heating the solder point. Use enough solder to fix it well. Better is the two solder anchors version but you have a pay a few bucks extra. With this one you will get enough pressure to get a good connection for a long time. If you place and solder it correctly.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I worked on a console with hynix emmc once. Yes I can confirm the diode reading is lower than samsung emmc for some reason, for me I got about 0.5V. Thought it's the low temperature solder I used on the adapter is not making a good contact, I took the emmc off and reballed it with leaded solder paste. After soldering the chip and dat0 adapter back on, reading's still the same as before, about 0.5V. However, measurement is consistent for me, I never got any value other than 0.5V.

Can you send a picture of your adapter? Maybe you should reseat the dat0 adapter or reflow it and make sure it's making good contact, unless you soldered the wire directly to dat0 pad on motherboard like this:
1662933003359.png

From what I can tell initial training is indeed longer than samsung emmc models and boot/glitch time is a bit longer too, but 4 hours initial training is unacceptable. LED color seems right, red means emmc error. I also get fast blinking orange when the adapter fails.

P4RI4H

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@OrganixXx No, I hadnt posted on twitter, but i did ask about voltages on reddit with Hynix. I have it permanently attached with reflow and its the 2 anchor version. Tried multiple adapters and always get same 2 readings .2 v apart.

@randy_w yes, purple>orange like when it starts training>purple>red>ofw

It's the 2 anchor version in attached photo and it was reflowed, thus my confusion about 2 different voltages. Voltages are consistently .2 volts apart but steady.
2d2ea719f58a8a0d05735a1749ce9caa.jpg

Its now another day after install, and boots are crazy consistent for what i went through the first night. Nothing changed, but Ive successfully booted hekate over 50 times in a row without error. Consiser me confused because it makes no sense to me, but all's well that ends well in my book.

I am still curious if anyone else has had such an issue and how they fixed it.

Last edited by P4RI4H,

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
its been 2 times this happen after the instalation, when switch got hot played on dock, the problem come

well mine a bit same situation but not boot to ofw, then i tried reflux other brand and put thermal pad in emmc and glued housing to held in place the emmc, just in case if they got hot and the problem coming again. after this my oled steady never any problem again,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1