OLED - Instinct NX - Fails to init sd card

Raziel06001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I installed the Instinct NX v6 to my switch OLED and when I try to boot, 95% of the time it fails to init the sd card. The few times it success, I then chose the Emummc part to boot and many chances are that it fails again. Sometimes it can work quite fast but it can take me a lot of tries before it works and it's really annoying
I tried different formats, versions of hekate, atmosphere.. I have a 512Go Lexar sd card, expecially for switch, and it works well in OFW
I checked the card reader but it appears fine, and also once the OS has boot everything works fine, so I doubt it would be the reader

I cannot find any update for the chip firmware, only saw a 1.0 version, I really don't know what else I could do.. Sounds to me like it might be something with the chip

I saw few threads about this issue, but no proper answer, and as I can sometimes boot I'm not sure that would be the same problem

Here's a video of it

Any idea ??

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend using another sd card, lexar has compatibility issues with hwfly/instinct iirc. You should be fine with sandisk ultra or samsung evo plus.

Raziel06001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really ? I already sent one Samsung Evo Select back cause the OFW couldn't read it :glare: But that was before that I installed the chip, so I haven't tried.. I might try if I cannot find any other solution, thanks

Raziel06001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Might be the daughter board
Yeah, I hope it isn't.. I cannot find many informations on the Instinct NX, what kind of problems people have, sd card compatibility.. If there was something wrong with the chip itself or hte installation I suppose it would not even show the instinct firmware ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I hope it isn't.. I cannot find many informations on the Instinct NX, what kind of problems people have, sd card compatibility.. If there was something wrong with the chip itself or hte installation I suppose it would not even show the instinct firmware ?

The SD card reader is on the daughter board, so if you tried multiple brand sd card it might be the daughter board.

Raziel06001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes but I tried the Samsung which was not recognized by the switch before to install the chip, so I got rid of it and got a Lexar for switch which worked fine until I put on the chip.. So maybe the Lexar works well with the base firmware but not with the chip and the samsung does the opposite ?

Bluek9

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I use samsung evo but still have the issue...
Post automatically merged:

I use samsung evo card but still got the same issue

Tonlun

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I come back cause I've finally bought a Sandisk Ultra and it now works perfectly !
I also have this problem with Instinct-NX and Oled with Samsung Evo Plus 512gb Sd card. With Sandisk it works fine. Did you use the flat cable to install the chip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps