Old timer needs help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Starkgod, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    That's good to know. Is there anyway I could make the installed CIA titles visible, though?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Did you transfer your emuNAND to your sysNAND following the emuNAND transfer guide? It sounds like you didn't.

3. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    I'm not sure. I just followed the guide up to step 14, and then carried on from section 2 of the other guide, like you suggested. I did everything within those steps.

Edit: You're right. I missed that optional part. Am I screwed, or can I do it now? If I can format the SD then just put all the luma stuff back, I would be okay with that too. I just want the space back or the games available. Either is fine.

Last edited by Starkgod, Jun 13, 2018
  4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You should follow the emuNAND transfer guide now.

5. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Are you sure its doable after the process is over? I upgraded sysnand and everything as the finalization guide suggested.

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If your emuNAND is intact, which it probably is, then you should still be able to follow the emuNAND transfer guide:
    https://3ds.hacks.guide/move-emunand

7. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Alright. I'll give it a spin once I get home. I'll post updates.

Thanks a ton for your help.

8. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    So I ended up doing as Lone_wolf said. I decided I wanted to format. So I did. Going from there, I attempted the finalize setup steps again. But after setting Homebrew launcher to the download play app, and then launching it after closing rosalina, I get an error message. As if HB can't be opened.

9. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Do you know if by chance you have boot.3dsx on the root of your sd card?

10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you formatted your 3DS, the Homebrew Launcher boot.3dsx was deleted from your SD card. Re-download it and put it onto the root of your SD card.

If you aren't going to follow my advice, then I'm not going to be able to help you. Since you didn't follow my directions, it should be noted now that you still likely have your emuNAND partition on your SD card that's wasting space. If you're not going to use your old emuNAND, you should backup the contents of your SD card and delete the emuNAND partition.

11. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Ahh, I do not. I literally went from the finalizing page right after formatting. I made a backup of my files before formatting, should I use the same boot file?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I used a tool called mini partition wizard to completely nuke the SD card. Nothing was left. Though, I did make a backup folder on my PC just in case with all the old files.

I'm sorry, by the way. I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do and ended up deciding that I wanted to wipe the SD card. I appreciate your help.

12. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Yes, place that boot.3dsx file back onto your card and try again. it should work for you.

13. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Yep. This worked. Many thanks, guys!

14. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    There is always something.

I was doing the cleanup step at the very end of the tutorial. All went fine. Pressed start so the system would reboot. It turned off without rebooting. Now the system won't turn on at all. Blue light comes on for a sec and goes out. Screen stays dead. Check the root of the card and the boot.3dsx is still there and everything.

15. lone_wolf323

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Do you know if the boot.firm is still there? If its not. Go ahead and load that back to the sd card.

16. Starkgod
    OP

Starkgod Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    This worked. I'm on luma's menu with a bunch of options. Not sure which to pick

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice