Chahi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hi guys,
i like this forum i've seen lot of helpful posts so i wanted to expose a very serious dilemma xD
Well, i have the choice between a pink o3ds XL and a black new 3ds, i always wanted a pink xl but i heard that the new 3ds has better performances is it really worth sacrificing the XL for it? I can't decide pls help >0<
Thanks

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
i like this forum i've seen lot of helpful posts so i wanted to expose a very serious dilemma xD
Well, i have the choice between a pink o3ds XL and a black new 3ds, i always wanted a pink xl but i heard that the new 3ds has better performances is it really worth sacrificing the XL for it? I can't decide pls help >0<
Thanks
I would suggest going with the new 3ds. Better performances, super stable 3D, C-stick, 2 new shoulder buttons, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheToaster,

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should get a New 3DS XL if you can. You are right that the perfomance improvement is really worth it. And the New 3DS is not that small compare to the Old XL. The size of 3ds family is like this:

Old 3DS << New 3DS < Old XL < New XL.

bunnyzombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the New 3DS (or the XL if you can). As TheToaster said...
Better performances, super stable 3D, C-stick, 2 new shoulder buttons, etc
As someone who had Old 3DS for a few years, it's worth the sacrifice. My New 3DS runs a lot faster.

Also there's some games that you need the New 3DS to play like the SNES games on the eShop (even tho I played SNES on homebrew and it ran just fine...) and Xenoblade Chronicles just for example (I dont think there's a lot of exclusive New 3DS games, correct me if I'm wrong).
Only downside is that if you need to access the mirco SD card, you need to unscrew the back plate every time.

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As someone who had Old 3DS for a few years, it's worth the sacrifice. My New 3DS runs a lot faster.

Also there's some games that you need the New 3DS to play like the SNES games on the eShop (even tho I played SNES on homebrew and it ran just fine...) and Xenoblade Chronicles just for example (I dont think there's a lot of exclusive New 3DS games, correct me if I'm wrong).
Only downside is that if you need to access the mirco SD card, you need to unscrew the back plate every time.
The only things I don't like about the N3DS XL design are the fact that the stylus is in a new location, the power button is in the edge, and, as you said, the microSD card slot location

I can't access the stylus as I would with an old 3DS xl. Certain games require you to take out the stylus very often. If I am playing those games on a N3DS XL, I have to remove my hands from the controls to access the stylus, which can be very annoying for fast paced games that require your fingers to be on the controls.

The fact that the power button is located on the edge and the microSD card slot is behind the backplate is also annoying, as I accidentally turn on the console when I am unscrewing the backplate because the edge of the backplate pushes the power button when I remove it.

However, I think I will get used to these things as I use it more and I really like the new features such as the stable 3D and the C-stick functionality

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah i agree. I came from 2ds. The one thing i miss is the location of the stylus on the 2ds. Other than that. the speed is such an improvement. Plus I am addicted to Binding of Isaac.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld