Hacking old 3ds not booting up out of nowhere? (CFW + 11.9 system firmware)

koishuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Problem: 3ds won't boot up, blue light is on, no display (black screen), no 3ds green light either (works fine without inserted SD card, tho)

situation: has CFW installed (idk which version since i bought it secondhand with it installed already - apparently has luma, boot9strap, godmode9 from what i can see on PC), accidentally updated system firmware to 11.9 the other week, but it still booted and was working fine yesterday.

solutions i tried and failed:
1. removing the 000000 folders from the Nintendo 3ds folder
2. removing SD card and putting it in again
3. removing SD card then booting it up then putting it in (first time: games appeared in unwrapped form then immediately disappeared. second time: clicked on one of the games and it opened but had a black screen. third time (after removing 000000 folders): games did not appear anymore)
4. holding start while booting. it did nothing, no recovery mode whatsoever.
5. inserting SD card then changing theme

is the problem my versions of the CFW? should i update them? or do i need to remove everything and use Seedminer (as stated in 3ds hacks)? How do I update the CFW? do i need to update every single component?

koishuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just put boot.firm from Luma 9.1 on a new card if you try another one. I wouldn't copy and paste the contents in case it is corrupted.

Hi, do I just put that one file (boot.firm) in the new, empty sd card? Or do you mean the whole Luma 9.1?

koishuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the replies, but I tried doing the whole removing SD Card then putting it in after booting it up and it works now???????? Thank you so much for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1