Gaming Okay, my friend's slim PSP has CFW...

IHN02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying a used fat PSP and a new slim PSP this weekend for the household. Can my friend convert his battery into a Pandora for use on my PSPs and then have it work as normal? Thanks.
smile.gif

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
IHN02 said:
I'm buying a used fat PSP and a new slim PSP this weekend for the household. Can my friend convert his battery into a Pandora for use on my PSPs and then have it work as normal? Thanks.
smile.gif
I read somewhere that it is NOT recommended to use a slim battery in a fat PSP :\

Then again http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93002

So I'm not sure :\

IHN02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so could I softmod the battery from the OFW fat PSP into a Pandora and install CFW on both?

Thanks for any assistance, this stuff is so much more complicated than DS homebrew. :/

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
IHN02 said:
Okay, so could I softmod the battery from the OFW fat PSP into a Pandora and install CFW on both?

Thanks for any assistance, this stuff is so much more complicated than DS homebrew. :/
It would probably be safer that way. Keep in mind that if you use the Fat battery in a Slim PSP you'll have to hold it in there secure so you don't lose power and brick it.

Also since you already have a CFW PSP at your disposal I would recommend making a Magic Memory Sick using Despertar del Cemeterio v6 since it works Out of the Box on v2 Slims and puts you right at the latest CFW
smile.gif

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seyiji said:
IHN02 said:
smile.gif
I read somewhere that it is NOT recommended to use a slim battery in a fat PSP :\

Then again http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93002

So I'm not sure :\

Using a slim Battery in a fat PSP is no problem (atleast with the Datel TOOL one) just press the contacts of the slim onto the contacts of the PSP and hold it for the while you flash it...works quite good although I had my doubts at first, but I couldn't find a fat Datel TOOl one

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seyiji said:
IHN02 said:

It would probably be safer that way. Keep in mind that if you use the Fat battery in a Slim PSP you'll have to hold it in there secure so you don't lose power and brick it.

Also since you already have a CFW PSP at your disposal I would recommend making a Magic Memory Sick using Despertar del Cemeterio v6 since it works Out of the Box on v2 Slims and puts you right at the latest CFW
smile.gif

I just flashed a slim with a phat PSP Pandora, and you just need to lay the PSP flat against the table. Gravity will do it's job of keeping the battery connected.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
I just flashed a slim with a phat PSP Pandora, and you just need to lay the PSP flat against the table. Gravity will do it's job of keeping the battery connected.
you shouldn't even need to do that. even though the phat's battery is larger, it still [clips] into the slim & lites and stays in place pretty good. the firmware update only takes about 1-2mins, so if you want some added security that it's not going to fall out, simply keep a hand behind it while the flashing process takes place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.