sfunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
According to Kotaku Okami for the Wii has been confirmed! I have never actually played the game but I have only heard good things so I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom seem to be doing very well with the Wii controls so lets hope this on going rumour is true, should do a lot better than the PS2 game as us Nintendo fanboys know a good game when we see one.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'll finally get to play this then. I wouldn't bother with a PS2 game these days (because my PS2 is wonky) unless it's something very special.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I never had a PS2 so I was thinking about get a PS3, so I could play PS3 games and also the PS2 classics..

But if things keep going that way.. a Wii will be enough for that
tongue.gif

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
am i the only one here that has played the ps2 version (beat it and loved it by the way) but i thought clover studios (or something like that) went bankrupt/closed shortly after making this game

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
am i the only one here that has palyed the ps2 version (beat it and loved it by the way) but i thought clover studios (or something like that) went bankrupt/closed shortly after making this game
I'm sure it was after making God Hand that they closed up. Anyways, if this is just going to be a port of the PS2 version, it wouldn't need the original Clover Studio to port it. Kinda makes me glad I didn't get past the tutorial on the PS2 version so I can at least try and finish it this time.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i the only one here that has palyed the ps2 version (beat it and loved it by the way) but i thought clover studios (or something like that) went bankrupt/closed shortly after making this game
Played and completed it, an extremely enjoyable game but it just didn't feel right playing it on a Sony console.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I loved the PS2 version. I will gladly buy this one, even if it's a remake.
This is good news for my buddy too. He's wanted to play it but doesn't have a PS2, but does have a Wii.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I've heard it's a bit like Zelda?
Yes. Somewhat.
It's an action adventure. Has a lot of Zelda-like upgrades (hearts, more inkpots, bigger wallet, etc). Has several dungeons that play like Zelda. Lots of side quests.

However one thing that's different is the combat. I really don't know how to explain it well, so here's a youtube video:

As you can see, you usually fight in a small arena type area. From the world map you enter one of these arenas by running into a tall, floating demon scroll, that chase you some times. Or by entering a demon gate like shown at the beginning of the video. Sometimes a story event triggers the battle too. At the end of the fight you get a ranking based on your speed and damage done. Doing the faster and harder you put down your enemies, the more bonus cash you'll receive.

However, the boss battles are much more Zelda-like, whereas your arena is in a much larger dungeon room, using your powers in certain ways that allow you access the boss's weak spot to do the real damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-