Not open for further replies.

DoodleMaestro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wonder about the translators here sometimes.
Why do you bother translating games that WILL come out in America?
Seriously, it's a waste of skill and time.
Things like Culdcept, Bleach, Dragonball, Pokemon, Kingdom hearts, the list goes on.
Are you really that impatient that you waste your time and effort on games you will eventually be able to own a legal copy of that you can also understand?
Why aren't you using your time and skills on games that have NO CHANCE of coming out in America/UK?
Things like the Higurashi games, the Deathnote games, the doki majo games, the gundam games, soul eater, tactics layer, the list goes on and on.
Seriously, anyone whining for translations of games with a US or UK release date should just shut up and be patient.
You guys could be doing so much better.

And if you glaze over the point of this post just to nitpick the games I mentioned, you're just plain stupid.
There's a point I'm making, minor details don't matter.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
They translate it because they want to. You have no right to interfere with their thoughts
biggrin.gif

You should go request at the official request thread if you want them to translate certain games.

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do translation groups translate manga when it's just gonna come out in 40 other languages?

gamers are naturally impaitent

Do you not notice Noitora's simple menu translations for Bleach, DBZ, etc. games? They're..simpel translations so the player knows what's going on - not full ones.

Most game translation projects also cease as soon as a company picks up a title. But that might even take years, as is the case with a game like Starfy.

or the game [in the case of Naruto games] comes out but they're heavily edited.

DoodleMaestro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.Domination said:
They translate it because they want to. You have no right to interfere with their thoughts
biggrin.gif
True enough, but there's nothing wrong with letting them know what we think would be wiser.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DoodleMaestro said:
i.Domination said:
biggrin.gif
True enough, but there's nothing wrong with letting them know what we think would be wiser.

You're assuming that they're doing it strictly for our long-term benefit, which isn't the case.

Also, letting them know what you think would be wiser is going to elicit replies such as "don't tell me what to do" and "if you want it translated then you do it".

I agree with you on the idea that it'd be "more beneficial" for only non-to-be-localized games to be translated, but beggars can't be choosers.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
DoodleMaestro said:
i.Domination said:
biggrin.gif

You think its wiser. But some games may be harder to translate or longer to translate etc. etc. And the japanese getting good games has already become a common thing. Now I take it into my stride. If the translator want to translate, good. If they don't, too bad.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some do it for fun. Others do it for the rom-hacking experience. And the rest just do it for the attention.

You're right that from your point of view, it's pretty pointless to translate a game that will come out in English. But in their point of view, it's either to kill time, learn something new, or get some praise.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
or it's a game that will never been localized but still appeal to most people(soma bringer, summon night, xenosaga, tales of innonence) but yes i do agree with you more translation of never to come game should be make, but it's up to those rom hackers/translator you know

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow your really stupid, the guy that made this thread, which i dont wanna scroll up and look and type your name in. They do the translation because they want to. If you really want the games translated, why dont you do it yourself and be quiet. your wasting space here making a thread that complains.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blarutoballz said:
wow your really stupid, the guy that made this thread, which i dont wanna scroll up and look and type your name in. They do the translation because they want to. If you really want the games translated, why dont you do it yourself and be quiet. your wasting space here making a thread that complains.
I agree why are you whining about others whining. It's their time and their skill just because they use it for something popular doesn't mean its wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/AkzulQxOgQs?si=UIe4puLCp7NoP3r7 seldom gbatemp shoutout